JM-46 SHADY-13

kevin

JM jumped on shady the first play of the game by intercepting a pass and returnig it for a TD and never looked back. This game was very surprising to me although a good surprise. I thought this game would be a close one that could go either way. JM ran at will against shady's defense and shut down their offense. Congrats MAVS. Good luck the rest of the way shady.

Two quick scores by the JM defense, set the tone for the game. The defense shut Shady down, and the JM offense ran at will. Shady got a late score against the second team to wind up the scoring.......

this was embarrasing shady played about as bad as they could against a good team. The robertson kid was impressive shady's d didnt do anything all night against him he had a outstanding game. The o had 2 turnovers in the first minute that lead to scores then a another in the 3 quarter that lead to another score. Also starting rb Jeremy Lynch left the game in the 1 quarter on offense with a possible broken hand he's going to the doc today also starting fb/lb Josh Mann left after the fist series of the second half with a concussion. So not looking good in Shady right now but go Tigers and great game for the Mavs good team and really good rb.

I still think JM is over rated this year.(like last year) Bluefield will beat them by 50 to bring them back to reality. I could not believe that they made the playoffs last year. They were horrible. Hoover should have made the playoffs before JM. Just my opinion though.........

[ QUOTE ]

I still think JM is over rated this year.(like last year) Bluefield will beat them by 50 to bring them back to reality. I could not believe that they made the playoffs last year. They were horrible. Hoover should have made the playoffs before JM. Just my opinion though.........

[/ QUOTE ]

Leave it to a Poca fan to stir things up on a relatively civil board...lol

I wouldnt try to stir anything up..hahaha..But you know as well as I do that Bluefield will crush the Mavericks about like they would if they played Poca this year. And JM last year was terrible or they played the worst game of their lives in the playoffs.......Just my opinion though

In my opinion james monroe could be a formidable test, at this point I really don't know, but unless they're outmatched considerably talent wise or physically, they are commonly a very hard playing physical team. James monroe was either up 7 or it was 7 - 7 after 2 quarters against the '97 bluefield team there at james monroe, I can't recall exactly, but bluefield put 2 or 3 more scores on in the 3rd and 4th, but it was a battle against a youthful mavericks team then.

Who knows, but I never count on an easy game with them, and as with most teams, bluefield will likely have their best shot at james monroe.

Of course back to the 3rd game ....

All i have to say is wow shocked.gifi never expected this big of a gap in the score...And as for the James Monroe Bluefield game...it will be tight you can never tell with this match-up could very well be a state championship or a semi preview Congrats JMHS football

That's awefull big talk from an 0-2 team. Savor the flavor of last year up there, and just thank God you aren't playing James Monroe THIS YEAR! As for my boys in purple & black, one heck of a game last friday, I don't think anyone saw this blowout coming. This is by far the fastest overall team we've had since 1999. The air game and outside rushing didn't work at all for Shady, nor did power running. Robertson and Mullens reminded me of the 1998 duo of Paul King and Ben Thornton. Best game we've played since Mount View 2002. WAY! to early to talk James Monroe-Bluefield in Wheeling (can you imagine the talk on this board if that happens?), I think Weir and Wayne will be major players in this as well. No time to celebrate now though, the Mavs will have to stay focused this week against an often upset-happy Oak Hill team.