Bluefield grounds Beckley, 49-6...

Bluefield_Rules

Another week another rout for the ever improving Beavers. Beckley's lone TD came against the Bluefield reserves in the closing minutes of the fourth quarter. Bluefield's starting defense has allowed a mere 7 points all season and through three games have allowed a grand total of a little over 100 total yards. One word, domination. Mike Davis was the star tonight catching two 34-yard touchdowns and taking back a punt 47 yards for another score. More later...

Pretty much what I expected. Bluefield has a very good football team. Great QB in Coeburn, super quick backs in Steptoe's and Perdue and a great secondary, not to mention a great kicker. Congratulations to the Beavers and good luck the rest of the season.

Beckley continues to suffer from fundamental breakdowns and silly mistakes. Of course we have to remember that this group went 1-15 in junior high. They work real hard but it just isn't clicking.

The one bright spot for Beckley came on the 20 yard TD run of freshman Marquel Ali late in the game. This will be the first of many scores in a Beckley uniform for this guy. He scored nearly everytime he touched the ball last year as an 8th grader in middle school and he is already one of the fastest players in the state as a 9th grader. Trust me when I say this guy is the real deal. Watch out for this name over the next four years in addition to another 9th grade back by the name of Blaine Mayo.

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield looked really sloppy in the first quarter and a half...kinda scary don't you think???

[/ QUOTE ]

I see the G-man must still be on vacation, what game where you watching? They scored on the first possession. What the heck do you want? I think it is only scary if you got to play them, ask Lilly how scary he thinks they are or Carlock for that matter?