So how good do Richlands and Gate City look now?

BigD4VT

Just kidding. I don't like to rub it in and I won't do that tonight. I certainly didn't expect this outcome. I knew what Richlands had but I thought Grundy would make this a very close game. I do think Grundy is better than what they showed tonight though. I think they were just stunned early and never had any momentum. They need to do a better job avoiding turnovers, and should maybe consider calling for a fair catch on some of those punt returns, but their biggest problem in this game was the fact that Richlands was just on tonight. They were playing like they had something to prove, and boy did they ever prove it.

Wells was every bit as good as his predecesor. Jennings made some good football players look like 8th graders. I wish Mance could get him involved in the offense more. Ringstaff was solid. The defense was knocking the bejesus out of people and they are playing 11 men to the ball. Sideline to sideline speed was incredible.

Grundy, You have a good team. Don't let this one get you down. Richlands wasn't going to lose to anyone tonight. And in fairness, Richlands played 3 good teams before this one. Those kind of games make you better, and I think this one will make Grundy better.

He called fair catch on both those fumbles...the first one was shorter than he thought it was going to be and one hopped up to him, the second he called fair catch on and was hit as the ball got there but no penalty was called...the announcer even said "he calls for a fair catch" on the second one as it was coming in...it just hit him in the breadbasket and came out.

not making any excuses, but thats what happened...don't really want to dwell on it...lol.

Richlands looked a lot better tonight than they did in the last two weeks...and certainly much better than they did against Gate City....don't you think?

Yeah I would say Richlands looked better tonight than against Gate City. I don't really think they looked bad against Gate City (other than all those penalties) but tonight is by far the best they have looked all year. Actually, they played with about the same intensity for the fourth quarter against Tazewell but were flat in the first three.

How did the line look? I know on defense Mo and Smith took it to the Qb,and so did Arms? I know Jennings looked fantastic, would be interesting for us to run something like Bowling Green uses or do we? I remember the commentator for that game talking about its like the spread and the option combined,or have something with keene as an H back.

I thought the line looked really good. We are very well coached up front on both offense and defense.

The offense was mostly I-formation but alot of shotgun with four receivers also. Good amount of option as well. I usually sit in the stands and gripe about the playcalling but I thought Mance did a really good job last night.