Richlands @ Graham Poll

BigD4VT

Who are top Region C teams?  

1. 1. Who are top Region C teams?

only in this game would you even have to ask who has the best band...lol.

Graham and Richlands probably have the best bands in this area...they should fight it out at halftime with water balloons or something...lol.

Grahams halftime show is new and fun to watch, and I still havnt seen the Richlands show. well not all of it, but I dont go to see the band, I had to once but she graduated and she would rather watch football too. Now we watch her brother play football.

I watch the band now that my nephew is in it. I went to a bunch of their competitions last year and they dominated. Graham has a good band as well. That's why I asked the question. The pyrotechnics thing they did Saturday was pretty cool. I think you will like Richlands' show too.

Richlands's band shows are always spectacular. I've seen many of them, and I was in Graham's band once in my heyday. It was always a spirited competition between the bands, to say the least. This is the first year Graham's had props since I've kept up with them; Richlands works hard to provide well for its band. It's quite impressive: if you like music, this is the game to see.

I wish both Richlands and Graham luck at their competition in Tazewell Saturday. We (Powell Valley) compete at Chilhowie. Richlands' director Mr. Swartz is one of the nicest ones i've met. I will not be at this game (obvious) but I'd like to see Richlands come out with the win but I think Graham's got it. Prove me wrong Richlands.

"Richlands at Graham

Richlands looked like a championship-caliber team when it dismantled Grundy two weeks ago but the Southwest District title still runs through Bluefield. If anyone in the area can stop Richlands’ monster offensive and defensive lines, it is Graham. The G-Men are led by the cream of area coaches, Glyn Carlock. You can be sure the ex-Marine will have a perfect game plan ready for the Blue Tornado. This game may come down to special teams. Graham has a solid kicker in Phil Mahood but Richlands has Caleb Jennings - one of the most exciting sophomores in the region. Jennings should give Richlands good field position with strong kick and punt returns. He could be the difference in an extremely close game.

Prediction: Richlands 28, Graham 27"

this is going to decide the district for sure no doubt about it both teams have had a great season so far both 3-1 its going to be a close one i think it will be decided in the final minute to 30 seconds my prediction Graham (of course)

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands' director Mr. Swartz is one of the nicest ones i've met.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you have ever had to be a student for Mr. Swartz you would know right off he is the toughest band director around here, possibly in the SWVA

hi all! i'm a 2003 RHS grad and was also a band member. Also,I just want to point out, that yes Danny Swartz is a very tough band director, but if it wasn't for the discipline he teaches the band they would not be a 5 time Honor Band! I think it's hilarious that a band conversation is starting up on a football message board. Oh,and for those who are wondering, I went to the band competition today and RHS DID AWESOME! They won 1st place in everything except one category,won best in class,band of the day,and viewers choic!! congrats to them!

Good luck to the boys tonight at the game...GO BIG BLUE!! laugh.gif

Richlands has one of the most talented bands it's been my privilege to see, and I'd honestly put them up against any band in the state of Virginia. I know Swartz, and he knows how to cultivate the most out of the talent he's given. I was a Graham band member, and I personally envied how he could use the talent to his advantage, and how he always seemed to make the most out of the time he worked with. Swartz hasn't had 5 VBODA Virginia Honor Bands for nothing, and I give him all the credit for it, and I wish him (and all the other area directors and bands) the best of luck in the future.

We should talk about bands on this message board more often, that's for sure. wink.gif

I'd say the category they didn't get first in would be one of the smaller captions, like drum major (but I'm not sure). I'm honestly surprised that Richlands' drum majors don't score as high as other schools; they score high, granted, but I've seen Graham win that caption a couple of times. It's not a lack of talent, that's for sure, because it can't possibly be a lack of talent to conduct a band that well.

I'd highly doubt it'd be music, haha! grin.gif