Graham Basketball 2004??

ghs70

Who does anyone know who grahams new Varsity Basketball coach will be? Could it be Coach Carlock Jr. or are they leaving Jr with JV or what. If they do move Jr to Varsity who will take JV? SO many questions left unknown?

Go G-Men!

G-Men Pride!

I've heard Lee Walker has been helping out up there. Maybe, in football right now... I think he'd be a great choice at the Varsity or J.V. level in basketball!! Time will tell!!

Focus is on football right now!! But, the wheels are turning in the back ground!! Someone will emerge soon! cool.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Returning are Michael Alvis, Jake Remines, Kevin Matthews. Braxton graduated last year, and Graham will have a small team overall... Mike is around 6'1, but hopefully imleaving a taller person out...

They won't be as small as some may think. They have the Bovenizer kid who is huge. Robert Henry will help with rebounding also workman who can play the 3 or 4 because of his shooting. He is 6'4 or 6'5 also. They will also get Hoosier from the J.V. team who is a shooter. They definately won't be as strong as they have been but they have a chance at winning the district becasue of their experieced guards with Remines who is a olid point guard, matthews who is a slasher to the basket and Alvis shoud be strong at the 3 spot this year.

actually Braxton didn't graduate he dropped out. Alvis and Remines will be Graham's strongest players this year. and rumor is lee walker is going to be basically coaching this year. i don't doubt his ability but isnt he an elementary school gym teacher???

First of all, I was at the graduation last year, and i saw with my own eyes Dwight Braxton walking across the podium, receiving his document.

Also, Coach Walker will probably coach JV, but ASSIST Coach Carlock Jr. at the Varsity Level.

I think the intensity and talent needed is there, just not sure if they come mesh it together.

• 2 weeks later...

Returning are Michael Alvis, Jake Remines, Kevin Matthews. Braxton graduated last year, and Graham will have a small team overall... Mike is around 6'1, but hopefully imleaving a taller person out...

To reply to the comment about the G-Men being small this year, first of all Alvis is about 6'2". Bovenizer will be a presence in the post with his strength and 6'5" frame. The Workman kid is about 6'4" and Eric Hoosier is about 6'1" and he can really shoot as well. The Murray kid who transfered from Tazewell is about 6'2" and he is only a sophomore, and he also can shoot lights out. So i dont think size will be a problem. You also have to consider that the G-Men offense will be perimeter based this year anyway with the number of shooters they have.

• 4 weeks later...

you guys also gained a heck of a ball player in wills murray..he came from tazewell where he was so poorly utalized that he quit....i mean the kid is like J.J. from duke....he can shoot...and theres no gettin around that ..i think he will play a large part of grahams success this year

LOL....how can you say anything negative about a kid who was a freshmen last year? Punk out? Gimme a break. I saw the kid playing rec ball this Summer. I also saw him in Graham's Christmas tournament last year. He carried Tazewell's jv team but passed up shots too much. He's gotten so much bigger and stronger there's no comparison. He can shoot lights out, loves to pass the ball and can jump out of the gym. I wish Beaver had him....and he's only a sophmore. With good coaching...he'll learn to be physical.

Its not like that I talk to him last night at the TAZ-V-High game and wasnt much bigger strenth wise but might have got taller. What I was saying is that if u put someone in his face he gets pressured and nervous. He can be the man in the district the next couple of years if somebody works with him, shooting, running, foul him to get him tough and physical. He has all of my props, cause we could use him this year.

who are these ppl tryin to kid....he can jump, shoot, rebound, play D#, and can play in the paint...hes awsome and hes gonna dominate anybody he plays against this year...so just face it