Twin Valley Gut Check!!

bucfan64

Twin Valley passed a major Gut Check this Friday night.

Trailing 8 to 0 at halftime the Panthers regrouped and made some key adjustments and came out in the second half and exploded for 33 points.

The halftime stats saw TV with 8 yards passing and only 7 yards rushing. TV was also having trouble stopping Pocy' on some rather simple plays. The first half was very sluggish and it appears that TV was taking Pocy for granted. All of that changed in the second half.

The Panthers went into the game shooting for 250 yards rushing, which was one of the offensive goals for the night, in the second half they put up over 260 and managed to accomplish that goal, Brandon Helton had a superb game in the second half as did Wyatt Justus and Chance Hamro. The passing game also picked up and Jeremiah Lester managed to get over 125 in yards which was also a pre-game offensive goal.

The defense on the other hand didn't play pass coverage very well and the Indiands were able to take advantage of some out of position Panthers. This is something that had been looking very good, Friday night however, it had instances where it let down the TV defense. I am sure we will work on pass coverage this week and improve in this area.

The Panthers are off to the best start in school history and they are now facing the MEAT of their schedule, Haysi, Honaker and J.I. Burton. Win or lose these 3 games could make or break the Panthers as far as morale and encouragment goes.

A good showing could be all the panthers need against these 3 teams to maintain their confidence, but an upset or two would do wonders for the program.

Glad to see Hurley representing well, I expect them to take Big Creek next week.

OUt!!!!!!!!!1

I've heard here rumors here recently that haysi has lost a player due to injury during the honaker game and won't be playing this friday. I for one don't know if its true but I've heard that it was either one of their LB's, RB, or FB...