Richlands 69 Lee 14

BigD4VT

In all honesty Richlands could have scored a hundred. Lee was severely overmatched. I really think they should drop to A and give the players a chance to compete.

Richlands played two QB's, four TB's, two fullbacks and who knows how many linemen and receivers. 23 different players made tackles for Richlands.

Way to go blues! Lets keep it up and work on Marion next week! I think every player on the Varsity roster got sum PT tonite....and of the 2nd string/sideline...Anthony Miller had the best run of the nite and longest running play to i believe..had to be at least 65 yard rushing TD! Keep it up! Look out Marion...our Tornado is an F5 will dominate the hurricane come next week!!!

Yeah, its funny to talk to people at Lee. They go "good job guys you lost to a tough team, keep your heads up, and keep playing hard." Then you'll hear "maybe someday they'll let lee high drop to single A." Oh, I'll mention that I used to go to Lee High, so there you have it not all Lee countians think like these others do. In my opinion, Lee could've of made it a little closer if Perdue was at qb, but he was hurt and didnt play, so Lee didnt have a qb. It was just line up and run, that in return had Lee's defense on the field all night long. Now dont say I'm making excuses, b/c I'm not. Lee has NO kicker, poor coverage on special teams, a very bad d-line and o-line, no passing game(against Richlands, b/c starting qb was out), very poor tackling skills (never heard of a team that gets in the backfield so much, but never makes the stop and then you turn around and ball carrier is 15 yards down the field all due to missed tackles), and to cap it all off, Lee gives zero effort. Against Gate City, the first couple of series were really good for Lee, I was really suprised. If it werent for some missed oppurtunities, Lee would've been up 13-0 right away, but they didnt connect and the next thing you know the score 6-0 in favor of GC, and from then on Lee gave no effort in trying to hang in there at all. Maybe you guys are right, Lee should drop down, maybe they should play in the Cumberland. I think TW could beat them this year. I mean anybody, with the exception of JJ Kelly, could beat them. I really thought Coach Wolfe would turn this team around, but I was wrong. Lee has improved greatly, they just haven't shown anyone how good they can be, and they probably never will. Its going to be the "name" game at Lee until they can find a coach who can say to the parents "shut up and let the kids play and the coaches coach". Until then who knows when a winning team will arive. In baseball and boys basketball, Lee may have found a coach that can do that, but I am waiting to see how long they stay there, or how long they keep sticking to their normal ways. Something that is also funny is that not very many people in Lee care that Lee is the "laughing stock" of southwest virginia, they think the football players do they're best out there and that enrollment drops and traveling are the problem. Well evidently they know nothing about football. I say the enrollment has dropped, just not enough though, and the other problem is the "name game". Look at Lee's JV team and the 8th grade teams and PMS and JMS, you would think their success would carry over to the varsity level, but does it, NO. Lee High FOOTBALL sucks. (i said football, not all sports, but FOOTBAlL). I'm done now, I guess, lol.

[ QUOTE ]

dude...have you ever heard of paragraphs?

that hurts my eyes to look at...much less read!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I hate the grammer police more than anything. Not everyone has good writing skills. To scold or make fun of them will discourage them from posting. If it hurts your eyes, don't read it.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I hate the grammer police more than anything. Not everyone has good writing skills. To scold or make fun of them will discourage them from posting. If it hurts your eyes, don't read it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't read it...and wasn't trying to be the grammar police

just suggested for him to use a more organized paragraph format...that would be much more readable for the entire forum...

I wasn't trying to be an [censored] about it

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't read it...and wasn't trying to be the grammar police

just suggested for him to use a more organized paragraph format...that would be much more readable for the entire forum...

I wasn't trying to be an [censored] about it

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry if I overeacted.

I do think Lee should drop to A. It would give the kids a chance to win.

For what it's worth, I think Lee has the nicest stadium in SWVA, a great tradition with the General leading the team down the hill on a horse, and a band that NEVER STOPS PLAYING! 69-14 last night and the band was still playing and dancing. I don't think they ever took more than a two minute break between songs. That's the way it should be.

Sorry for not putting that in paragraphs, I guess I kind of got carried away there.

Anyway, yeah Lee High has a nice tradition with the horse and don't forget the cannon either. I was also in the band while there, and your right we never quit playing. No matter how bad the team was getting beat, we kept going and going. Every first down, every big play, we play, and none of that happens, the band plays again. If you listen real close when Lee is in the redzone and about to score, you will hear a version of Va Tech's "stick it in".

One of the reasons for the people in the stands at Lee High, is because of the band. People always say one of the reasons they come is to see what the band will do, and how good they're going to be.

Now that you mention it I do remember the cannon. You don't see traditions like yours at too many high school games.

Richlands has one of the biggest and best bands in the state but I was thoroughly impressed with Lee's. I like the band to play alot...it adds to the atmosphere.

Graham also plays "Stick it in". Come to think of it alot of their music is from VT.