Liberty info anyone?

kevin

This has been the same story for the past two years at Liberty. They have a lot of wins, but against who? When they've played an elite team in that time span they've been beaten pretty handily. We'll find out more about Liberty against James Monroe this next week than we have the entire season. From my standpoint, James Monroe should win by at least three touchdowns...

[ QUOTE ]

When they've played an elite team in that time span they've been beaten pretty handily.

[/ QUOTE ]

If im not mistaken Liberty did beat #4 ranked Sherman last week, I know that James Monroe is a better team, but Liberty has been known to have a good rush defense this year. In my perspective this should be another good match-up.

I might have been off by ONE point on last weeks prediction, but I expect this week Liberty to show their true colors. They cannot stop the pass and they cannot run the ball effectively to stop James Monroe. JM 48 Liberty 0. Why is it that BLuefield is so hard on Liberty? you crushed them two years in a row? everyone knows Liberty are always pretenders. they don't dedicate themselves to football, they worry about hoop and baseball and football is just a hobby.

If you think Sherman is an elite team then you better think again. Sherman was #4, but who exactly had they beaten? Tolsia was their toughest opponent thus far and Tolsia is an average team. If James Monroe is as good as I think they are then they should roll over Liberty without a problem.

[ QUOTE ]

I expect this week Liberty to show their true colors. They cannot stop the pass and they cannot run the ball effectively to stop James Monroe.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't know, James Monroe is a run based team and if i heard correctly on the radio Friday, Liberty had over 250 yards rushing, so there goes both of your theories lol...I'm not taking up for Liberty at all because i really dont see them winning this week. But then again no one believed in them last week....

For all you Bluefield Beaver fans that like to post messages on here. Yes it is true that the Beavers are the best team in AA and prolly the best team in the state. But everyone needs to quit talkin about the Liberty Raiders from raliegh county being pretenders and choking in the big game. beacuse if i recall right and plz correct me if im wrong, but the beavers was the best team in AA last year and prolly one of the best teams in the state last yr. and was favored to win the whole damn thing, but things didnt workout that way. im not bashing bluefield, just stating the facts and if u havent seen the raiders from liberty(raliegh) u may not need to open that mouth and trash talk them, because i have been around football a longtime, and they have a solid football team, something they need to get corrected, but overall they have a solid, contending team.

Now for the Westside Renegades, ya are very very lucky to have even been closed to liberty, they had ya drilled and let ya back into it, let me remind everyone this was the first game of the year and liberty has grown alot since then, they r finishing teams off now. so ya renegade people needs to know your role, set back and keep on praying ya will meet liberty in the playoffs and by the way your praying for that, send up a prayer asking for liberty to have mercy on ya, if ya meet them again, because if there is a next time, it wont be close.

[ QUOTE ]

For all you Bluefield Beaver fans that like to post messages on here. Yes it is true that the Beavers are the best team in AA and prolly the best team in the state. But everyone needs to quit talkin about the Liberty Raiders from raliegh county being pretenders and choking in the big game. beacuse if i recall right and plz correct me if im wrong, but the beavers was the best team in AA last year and prolly one of the best teams in the state last yr. and was favored to win the whole damn thing, but things didnt workout that way. im not bashing bluefield, just stating the facts and if u havent seen the raiders from liberty(raliegh) u may not need to open that mouth and trash talk them, because i have been around football a longtime, and they have a solid football team, something they need to get corrected, but overall they have a solid, contending team.

[/ QUOTE ]

First, where did I call them chokers? You cannot choke in games you aren't expected to win anyway. Second, whose trash talking? I'm just stating the simple truth about Liberty over the past two years. They've loaded up on wins from cupcakes, but when they played someone of quality they lost handily. Third, what exactly does what happened with Bluefield last year have to do with Liberty being unable to compete with the elite? Finally, just b/c I'm a Bluefield fan doesn't mean everything I say relates to Bluefield. I spoke my mind on Liberty and what has been fact on them over the last two years. What exactly have I said about Liberty-R that isn't true? Don't be so over-sensitive, especially when someone is simply stating the facts.

If they beat James Monroe I'll be the first one to congratulate them on doing so and give them some respect. You aren't just given respect, you earn that respect, and you do so by beating quality teams, not cupcakes.

First of all liberty is a very good football team and deserves more respect than they get.as for westside u guys wont even make it to playoffs so dont plan on seein neone there.Liberty plays 1 of there toughest or maybe the toughest team on their schedule next week and i think it will be an excellent match-up. Liberty's defense has stepped it up the past week and it will be even better next week when then take on the mav's tough running game. Any resonable predictions? <font color="purple"> </font>

I'm sure that some of you people from James Monroe would like to know that whenever Reeves comes up to the line, he tells his center and fullback what hole the play is going to. After we watched the gamefilm we looked at the center looking between his legs to see the quarterbacks hand, then center puts that many fingers on the ball, and the fullback holds up that many fingers behind his back for Newman to see. Im not sure that they do this every game, but they did it against us.

Liberty has a very good ball team. Ill give them credit where credit is due. However, we played horrible against them. We were plagued by mistakes for the second year in a row. Missed an extra point, then failed a 2 point conversion, penalties, missed an onside kick, as well as missing a tackle on 4th down at the goal line. We should have won by 2-3 touchdowns, but mistakes happen and we must learn from them... We will see if we are an elite team like Bluefield doubts of us if we can bounce back against Ravenswood. My prediction for James Monroe and Liberty is....

JM-28

Liberty-14

Tide73 u cant honestly sit there and tell me ya should have beat liberty by 2 or 3 touchdowns. Question 1: How many times did ya threaten to score against liberty? other than 2 touchdowns by the offense, the tide offense never really pressure the raiders defense. Question 2: Was the tide the only team that missed and extra point and a 2pt conversion, i think not pal, that went both ways. The onside kick was never intended, was supposed to be hard up the middle, just a miss kick and the bounce went our way. Sherman has a good football team and it was one of those games where u r glad u win, but u hate to see someone lose. Instead of gettin on here and making excuses, take the loss, learn from it. The difference in the game wasnt penalties, missed extra points or missed conversions, it was the domination of the offensive and defensive line from the raiders. In the 4th quarter they won the battle at the LOS and they won the ball game, GREAT BALLGAME TO SEE!!!!The tide has a goodod football team, not taking any credit from u guys. Goodluck with the rest of the season.

We threatened to score on our first two possessions. Our defense is what caused us this game. As well as us turning the ball over in the red zone. Our defense was non-existent. I wish Liberty the best of luck, hope and pray we get another shot at them in the playoffs! Im sure you Sherman-Liberty fans wouldnt mind to see another thriller, but with the Tide prevailing in the end!

[ QUOTE ]

I'm sure that some of you people from James Monroe would like to know that whenever Reeves comes up to the line, he tells his center and fullback what hole the play is going to. After we watched the gamefilm we looked at the center looking between his legs to see the quarterbacks hand, then center puts that many fingers on the ball, and the fullback holds up that many fingers behind his back for Newman to see. Im not sure that they do this every game, but they did it against us.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I'm glad that you've posted this...I hope someone believes it. LOL...speaking from someone who knows the team personally...it's pretty sad that you actually believe you've figured out Reeves' way of telling the team what to do...It's no wonder they've been beating you guys lately. One point or not, a loss is still a loss. Besides, I was at the game and Sherman scored on breaks they weren't really a threat. On top of that, several of Shermans players made the comment that it was going to be a "cake-walk"...kind of ironic Liberty ate cake in the dressing room after the game. LOL.