JAMES MONROE FANS..

beaverball

Good Question.

Offensively this team is better because of it's speed, and lesser reliance on one back than the '02 squad was on Newberry. The single wing seems to have been the way to go for this team.

Defensively, the 2002 team was better because of the huge linemen and linebackers. They never gave up more the 8 points in any game, this year it's 11 ppg.

This year's team actually reminds me more of the teams in the late 90's with their speed, especially the 1999 team. I think this team will be better next season, we've got a lot of juniors starting now, but they can give anyone trouble now, and I honestlythink Bluefield and Wayne are the only 2 teams who may be better than us now. If we can beat those 2 in the playoffs, 2004 will be a very memorable year in Monroe County.

To finally answer the original question, I think the 2002 team was a little better than this one.

Yeah it will be a good one in Lindside. But if the Mavs are looking past the Raiders it definitely wont be a #1 vs #2 matchup. They have a great ground game in Robertson 791 yards on a 105 carries. But they're defense better be up to the task. Tommy Newman is not a light load himself 791 yards on 90 carries. So good luck Mavs with Bluefield keeping looking down the road and it will be upset city in Glen Daniel. Game time 7:30 its going to be a dandy to watch.