Herbert Hoover VS Bluefield Beavers

beaverbaseball

This game was supposed to been played a couple weeks ago but now it will be played on october 22..I personally think it is messed up what herbert hoover did..Coach Simon tried to get them to play on Thursday before the big rains came..Which is what plenty of teams around here decided to do..But hoover said that they wouldn't play on thursday, i guess they thought they would have a better chance in the rain..But then the very next day on game day Herbert Hoover called and canceled the game because all of the rain..Many of people thought Bluefield canceled it but it was really Herbert Hoover..And i honestly think that they were just scared to play us and they wanted more time to practice..What do u all think??

Kanawha County schools were not allowed to play that Friday because school let out early (county policy). Capital, Nitro, Herbert Hoover all had to postpone games because of this. I think you're trying to read too much into what just really isn't there.

Riverside played Princeton on that Thursday. Perhaps the administration at Herbert Hoover didn't want the kids to make a 2-hour trip to play football on a school night.

Either way, they'll play next week...no one was dodging anyone.

[ QUOTE ]

what the heck does that mean BR??? That is stupid! I stated that because Riverside played on Thursday, Hoover didn't travel. Don't be an [censored]! ....and I didn't say that anyone was dodging.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chill the heck out, I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the poster that started this stupid thread to begin with.

Wow! Look at the conspiracy theories roll! I mean this in the nicest way possible, but some of you all just need to chill. There is no need to call any one "stupid" or other names. I think what BR meant was that not everyone believes that Herbert Hoover had a secret scheme to screw Bluefield over. There are a lot of factors that go into deciding whether or not to move a game, play a game, cancel school, etc. School boards have a tremendous amount of responsibility and hindsight is 20/20. But please, don't read more into the canceled game than is there. Sure, it would have been nice if the game had been played on Thursday night. But time spent wishing is time spent wasted. So why don't we focus on the game ahead and look forward to the fact that it might even be a better game since the schools have had a few more games under their belt. And that concludes my sermon for the day. wink.gif

Herbert hoover would have had more an advantage to their potentially success with a friday night game in the rain, that area didn't permit their schools to travel, so be it. The game was rescheduled.

As for a potential thursday night game, simple, didn't bluefield jr. high have a game at mitchell stadium thursday night? Graham played on sat. night.

Mitchell stadium wasn't an option except on friday night as scheduled.