article mentioning bradshaw after the herd's game

buzzsawBeaver

good to read he's doing well, my guess is that although the mac isn't a bcs conference, he enjoys having the ball in his hands, especially as a true freshmen.

"Bradshaw keys Herd comeback

75-yard TD on screen pass provides go-ahead score

By Doug Smock

Staff writer

KENT, Ohio  Vicious northeast Ohio winds blew Saturday at Dix Stadium, redirecting kicks and making a mockery of passes. But they couldn’t slow down Marshall’s Ahmad Bradshaw.

Relieved from ending his legal situation in Virginia, Bradshaw took a Stan Hill screen pass 75 yards for the go-ahead touchdown in the Thundering Herd’s 27-17 victory over Kent State.

Bradshaw blew through the Kent State defense as if it were standing still, outrunning Abram Elam to the goal line to put the Herd up 21-17.

- advertisement-

That capped a comeback from a 17-7 halftime deficit and kept Marshall (3-3, 3-0 Mid-American Conference) unbeaten in league play. Kent fell to 1-6, 0-4.

A homecoming crowd of 9,752 attended, some only briefly. The student section already had thinned out to a few dozen before blustery showers and even snow arrived.

Bradshaw credited key blocks by Nate Elcess and others for paving his way to the end zone, but he put his speed to the best use so far. He was running without the burden of the misdemeanor charges he faced in Charlottesville, Va., until this week.

Bradshaw had an obstruction of justice charge reduced and several alcohol-related charges dropped. He was given a suspended 10-day sentence and a suspended fine, and paid $66 in court costs.

“I’m very excited to get that [out from] over my head,†Bradshaw said. “I was able to get out here and not have anything on my shoulder, nothing to worry about.

“They were a little iffy on putting me out there. I missed a couple of days practice being out at [the University of Virginia]. I came back and got a couple of reps with the same play. They put me out there and I got a couple of good blocks and they sprung me out. I was able to get down the sideline and get out of there.â€ÂÂ

Bradshaw said he was pretty tired by the end of that run, but he was the only one on the visitors’ sideline who was gassed. The rest of the team was jacked up, particularly the Herd defense, which held the Golden Flashes to 92 second-half yards, forced three turnovers and repelled a drive to the Marshall 9.

“Our defense took control,†said Marshall coach Bob Pruett. “The defense took the game over."

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/section/Sports/2004101653