vhs coaches-booyah

riddell

I have not seen Richlands play this year, so without a chance to disect them and find their weakness, I could only guess. I think if they could pound the ball with Lockett and generate some long, time consuming drives keeping the Richlands offense off the field, throw in a little trickeration now and then, don't make any turnovers and make the PAT's after scoring, it could be a good game. Lastly, if the game is close and you have the ball deep in your own end with not much time left in the half, run some clock and live to fight later.

yea but from what i can tell there is everyone else's reality and your reality so come to our reality and realize that vhs is better then everyone gives them credit for. I think when all is said and done vhs will win and all you doubters can put your foot in your mouth

well i think from playing for richlands we have to much depth for virginia high to even stay close to us everybody on here says that we are the ones talkin trash but i believe everybody is just jealous of our accomplishments and as far as puttin our feet in our mouths i have a lot of confidence in this years team so without a doubt i think it will be richlands 49-13 if virginia high can get by our dominating defense

[ QUOTE ]

yea but from what i can tell there is everyone else's reality and your reality so come to our reality and realize that vhs is better then everyone gives them credit for. I think when all is said and done vhs will win and all you doubters can put your foot in your mouth

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry man, just being honest...anything can happen, but from what I've seen Richalnds is honestly about a 6 TD better team in my opinion...no disrespect to VHS...Richlands is just that good of a team this year and has way to much depth on defense in particular.

That said...I would try to get that #3 kid outside on Richalnds and you might be able to find some running room...but if you throw across the middle or to the corner on them, Tatum will pick you guys off all night long...and I doubt you will be able to run between the tackles for more than 30 yards in this game. You have a big line on offense, but richlands has size and speed this year and I just don't think you guys can hang with them at this point. Maybe next year after you have had a chance to settle in with your new coach for a season and they will make some adjustments...I think the future is bright at VHS.

Your Qb will have an allergic reaction to "Biscuit" & "Gravy". Thats our Defensive ends. Oh and the interior line will be coming hard, real hard.

The Storm is Coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

zzzz

I know everyone in Bristol is eagerly awaiting the day they are slightly better than mediocre in GROUP A. Best of luck with that. Unfortunately, if they ever do well in Group A -- which is suspect -- we all are forced to read in the Bristol paper how the team is on par with the largest of AAA schools...*yawn*...just keep reading Allen Gregory and see.

Do they still track the fictitious conference called the Big (Super) 8 in the Herald Courier??? ROFLMAO

you are deffinately out of your mind our qb and backfield will make your whole defense look silly and we alos have two of the best offensive tackles around to block sausage and bacon our whatever you called them my prediction pain and sorrow for rhs

You guys are like Chihuahuas barking at a doberman. Do you really think you're going to win? I thought Grundy fans were cocky the week Richlands played them, but at least they had ground to stand on. VHS is 3-4 and about to play one of the best teams in this area. You have scored 52 and given up 69 against common opponents that Richlands has outscored 97-23. Richlands only loss came in overtime against a team that remains undefeated.

VHS is headed in the right direction. Next year you might come to Richlands and win, but it's not going to happen this year. Richlands is too big, too fast, and most importantly, too deep for you this year.

BigD, I get what you are sayin'. My point that there is very little difference in vhs, tazewell, cc, and graham is not what you are disputing(from other thread), your just pointing out that those teams that we are neck and neck you have beaten easily. So you are right that on paper(or messageboard) Richlands should run away with this one.

Problem is, a tazewell team that we are definitely on par with gave you all you wanted and you know it, even if the final score was 21-0. Also, we scrimmaged Gate City the week before the season started and played starters for a half in both team's first scrimmage of the day...Virginia High 7 Gate City 0. So don't come on here and say we are a chihuaha barkin' at the doberman... or the doberman might get grabbed by the balls and bit.

You sure love you some Grundy for bein' such big rivals. We oughta just let ya'll play that one game a year and then when it's over you all can tell everybody in the state that your team is the best in swva. That's about what ya'll do.

In spite of all this friendly banter, I sincerely hope both teams play hard with good sportsmanship and all this talk leads to nothing more than good intense competition. I think that is what everybody on this board is about come Friday nights when the war of words is over.

it doesn't get much more cocky than the dog analogy.

Go Bearcats!

nice uninformed post there alpha. way to stay on top of things. Virginia High elected to remain in AA like a month ago. We are not, never have been, and most likely never will be a single A school. mentioning the 500 student difference in school size would just be considered an excuse, so we haven't and won't use it. Eat that Alpha.

Bearcat, This could go back and forth until kickoff and I'm not interested in that, but if you want to say you're "toe to toe" with Graham, Tazewell, and Carroll County, go ahead. Nevermind the fact that you are 0-3 against them. Keeping it close is all that really matters.

If you also want to say VHS has what it takes to beat Richlands because you played GC close in a scrimage, and because Tazewell "gave us all we could handle", go ahead. Nevermind the fact that Tazewell managed only 81 yards of offense, or that Richlands scored their 21 points in a matter of minutes after sleepwalking for most of the game.

As for Grundy, I have less love for them than any team on the schedule (although VHS is gaining quickly). I was merely stating that they can back it up. As they have done for all but one game this year.

I'll see you tomorrow night. Let's hope for a good game without any injuries, and a safe trip for all to and from.

[ QUOTE ]

nice uninformed post there alpha. way to stay on top of things. Virginia High elected to remain in AA like a month ago. We are not, never have been, and most likely never will be a single A school. mentioning the 500 student difference in school size would just be considered an excuse, so we haven't and won't use it. Eat that Alpha.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...No, sir...you should re-read my post. It does not have a definite time frame on it (see - reading comprehension). Inevitably, you will move to Group A. "When" is a question and if it is by choice is a question. Yes, if student figures continue to decline you will be a Group A school (see - link below). The only question is what type of region/district model will please a concensus.

Although VHS looked like they were making the "noble" decision to stay in Group AA...it was their plan all along. It has to do with one thing -- pride and glory aren't it -- money. Here's the facts, chump and may I recommend you read something other than the sports columns in the Herald Courier for your information. cool.gif

http://www.vhsl.org/04septrandrpressrel.doc

[ QUOTE ]

As for Grundy, I have less love for them than any team on the schedule (although VHS is gaining quickly). I was merely stating that they can back it up. As they have done for all but one game this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

ah you know other than the little on field rivalry you guys love Grundy...without Grundy there would have been no Richlands in the 80's...lmfao...once the Lynwood closed we had no other place to go to the movies...well until the cops made people stop cruisin'...(brilliant move by the town there btw...ticket people who are there spending money until they decide to go to Bristol...lmao).

VHS "decided" to stay in AA a few weeks ago...that's the quote of the week...lmfao.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ah you know other than the little on field rivalry you guys love Grundy...without Grundy there would have been no Richlands in the 80's...lmfao...once the Lynwood closed we had no other place to go to the movies...well until the cops made people stop cruisin'...(brilliant move by the town there btw...ticket people who are there spending money until they decide to go to Bristol...lmao).

VHS "decided" to stay in AA a few weeks ago...that's the quote of the week...lmfao.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is up with that Lance. I know (or did) most of the RPD and they don't "profile" anyone, in my opinion. I've never had it out with anyone from Grundy. I'll go on record. When I went to college I met people from every high school in the district. The people from Grundy were the best. It just seemed I had more in common with them. I'm from the Raven/Red Ash end of town and knew people from Vansant -- we had mutual friends. I have no problem with Grundy whatsoever. When I tell people out this way I'm from Richlands...9 times out of 10 they say: "Is that near Grundy?" LMAO.

Lance did you see something wrong in the way I called it in my reply to that rabid BEARCAT fan?

[ QUOTE ]

you are deffinately out of your mind our qb and backfield will make your whole defense look silly and we alos have two of the best offensive tackles around to block sausage and bacon our whatever you called them my prediction pain and sorrow for rhs

[/ QUOTE ]

lol wink.gif

no man...it's pretty well known what went on back in the day...lol..they were not picking out anyone in particular...I remember when the Richlands Mall was packed with people so bad you had to wait to turn in to the place. The town passed a no cruising law back around 1987 or so and ran everyone off...they would ticket you if you just drove around...as a result everyone just started going to Bristol or Bluefield...most went to Bristol..wtf else was there to do..lol.

Wasn't saying it was people from Grundy in particular....I think Kroger complained about people not being able to get in the store or something...anyway it was the worst move the town ever made imho.

As far as the Bearcats dude...no, that was pretty dead on what you said...lol.

[ QUOTE ]

without Grundy there would have been no Richlands in the 80's...lmfao...once the Lynwood closed we had no other place to go to the movies...well until the cops made people stop cruisin'...(brilliant move by the town there btw...ticket people who are there spending money until they decide to go to Bristol...lmao).

[/ QUOTE ]

The PD's favorite thing to do now seems to be hunting down yard sale signs and writing tickets to the people who put them up.

for real? lol that's funny.

I see the guys from the Richlands PD all of the time around here...they come and go and check the doors at night...sometimes the door here isn't locked and they will stop in and say hi...good bunch of guys...they do a good job...nice people.