vhs coaches-booyah

riddell

[ QUOTE ]

you are deffinately out of your mind our qb and backfield will make your whole defense look silly and we alos have two of the best offensive tackles around to block sausage and bacon our whatever you called them my prediction pain and sorrow for rhs

[/ QUOTE ]

If your quarterback and backfield could make our d look silly then you guys may have won a few more games...u guys are not even good enuff to beat a Marion team that we played horrible against and still won like 31-6

we "decided" not to go to the single A lonesome pine the vhsl placed us in because they don't even have all the programs we have. We could have kept all our programs in the Hogo. VHS has good tradition in Swimming, Soccer, and Wrestling. The LPD only has wrestling and it is 3 not even half full teams. not to mention travel times.

Oh yeah, Alpha, you want me to spell it out for you since they didn't in your copy of the Richmond Times...happy to oblige, Chump.

the state is goin' to 4 classifications in a couple years. This means the cutoff for single A will go down. THis means there is very little chance VHS will ever be a single A school. We'll be AA along with some of the dominant bigger Single A schools right now...I'm thinkin' maybe GC, Lebanon, GW, PV, and maybe more. Talk about a competitive. When this happens AA playoff spots will all be hard earned.

As much as i hate to, you are right BigD. We are 0-3 against ya'll and that is the only stat that matters. Here's hopin' all that changes tonite! Looks like it's gonna be an awesome weather for some football.

I think everybody else on this board from bristol needs to invest in some "hooked on phonics"! cool.gif

That law is probably what indirectly lead the Richlands Mall to be such a barren wasteland right now, I'd say. Kroger's shut down, the theater shut down, Rose's sure isn't the same store it used to be since Big Lots bought them out. Everything's at Claypool Hill now.

I think your last line "everything's at Claypool Hill now" say's it all. There is just no reason to come downtown anymore, and banning thing's like, cruising and yard sale signs, won't help bring people back. Richlands is in real danger if they don't figure out a way to either get people to come downtown, or anex around Cedar Bluff to get to Claypool Hill.

[ QUOTE ]

we "decided" not to go to the single A lonesome pine the vhsl placed us in because they don't even have all the programs we have.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is BS. Very simply. At best, only marginally correct.

[ QUOTE ]

VHS has good tradition in Swimming, Soccer, and Wrestling.

[/ QUOTE ]

Swimming if you say so; however, no tradition in the other two.

[ QUOTE ]

not to mention travel times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, money -- the real reason.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, Alpha, you want me to spell it out for you

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been waiting but I don't think you have it in you.

[ QUOTE ]

the state is goin' to 4 classifications

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you referring to this --

http://www.vhsl.org/New%20Four%20Classification%20Alignment912.doc

Because that is a proposal which has not been voted on.

[ QUOTE ]

in a couple of years

[/ QUOTE ]

In two (couple = 2) years, it will be 2006 which means this plan is in effect, minus approved appeals.

http://www.vhsl.org/0507RRPLAN.doc

[ QUOTE ]

This means the cutoff for single A will go down. THis means there is very little chance VHS will ever be a single A school. We'll be AA along with some of the dominant bigger Single A schools right now...I'm thinkin' maybe GC, Lebanon, GW, PV, and maybe more. Talk about a competitive. When this happens AA playoff spots will all be hard earned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to respond to this because it is based on the false assumption mentioned above. When you're ready to play ball (with supporting facts), I'll be waiting...chump. cool.gifcool.gifcool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

It doesnt matter how the football team plays....but the VHS band is awsome tongue.gif...THE BAND IS <font color="orange"> </font> GOING UNDEFEATED

[/ QUOTE ]

So, who won the battle of the bands -- the real competition? Richlands or Bristol #2 confused.gif

The RHS band's pregame performance was probably their best of the year. There's a lot of choreography involved in this year's show and they have worked hard to get down.

VHS has a great band as well. I was very impressed with their show. The use of flags was impressive.

http://www.bristolnews.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=TRI%2FMGArticle%2FTRI_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1031778702221&path=/sports/localsports&s=

That is a link to Allen Gregory's article on the game. I hope #5 is well. Best of luck to both schools with the remainder of their seasons. I wish I could be there to watch the Big Blue, especially.

"in two years" means not next season but the one after that. your welcome for spellin' that one out.

"no tradition" - multiple district and region championships in both. i really don't care about these sports much, but the athletes who do deserve a chance to play.

We did not put ourselves in the LPD. We have no control over our enrollment. When it dropped, the VHSL did what they do...they placed us in single A. so, the only decision we made was not to go. I don't even understand what your point is on this one, so i have to assume you can't grasp the way the system works. tongue.gif

The rest of what i said predicting the way it will all work out was so on point you decided to pass on a comment. sure, it hasn't happened yet, but it is going to. You just hate that i know what is goin' on and called you out.

yours truly, the Omega cool.gif

Yeah I agree you didn't "put yourselves in the LPD.." you begged to go to Single A thinking you could pick your poison and go to the Hogo and when you found out you would be in the LPD which is just as hard if not harder than the SWD then you had a collective "oh crap" and decided you should stay over in the weak Highlands where you can't win anyway...

You guys should just play Lee 10 games and whoever gets 6 wins we will call the "Play Down District Champion" and put you in the Region IV plaoffs where you will get your clock cleaned.

[ QUOTE ]

"in two years" means not next season but the one after that. your welcome for spellin' that one out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, however, next season is the 2005-2006 season. The "one after that" is 2006-2007. That season is covered by this plan, minus approved appeals. Are you reading my replys at all -- I mean actually comprehending?

http://www.vhsl.org/0507RRPLAN.doc

[ QUOTE ]

"no tradition" - multiple district and region championships in both.

[/ QUOTE ]

Swimming if you say so -- I said this in the last post. However, you have not had multiple regional championships in wrestling, obviously. I'm not going to dig up how the wrestling team has done against Highlands competition. If you've won more than one district title in the last ten years...I'm sitting right here applauding it. Congratulations Bristol. Soccer -- tradition??? That in southwest Virginia is an oxymoron http://hyperdictionary.com/search.aspx?define=oxymoron -- for your help. How many schools have competitive programs in soccer in Region IV? If that is how you measure tradition then that is weak...outright, weak. You can not keep a game against other competition outside the region better than 4 or 5 nil.

[ QUOTE ]

i really don't care about these sports much, but the athletes who do deserve a chance to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree but you're using them as 95% of your defense for staying in Group AA and I called you out on it. My simple point from the beginning is this BS above is 5%, at best, of the reason Bristol is staying in Group AA. Money is number one or 95% of the reason.

[ QUOTE ]

We did not put ourselves in the LPD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Never said you did.

[ QUOTE ]

We have no control over our enrollment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this.

[ QUOTE ]

When it dropped, the VHSL did what they do...they placed us in single A. so, the only decision we made was not to go. I don't even understand what your point is on this one, so i have to assume you can't grasp the way the system works.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point -- Bristol #2 will be in Group A at some point. No one wants to live in the city. In other words, there shall come a time when it is not feasible to make the decision TO PLAY UP. The city has it's own school system. It might not happen in the next few years, but you will play in Group A with the smallest schools in Virginia. When that happens you will be only moderately competitive just as you have been the last 15 years. When, on occasion, you are competitive at anything, the rest of us are forced to read in the Herald Courier how Bristol #2 is on par with the largest of school systems in the state. Granted, occasionally, you have been good in Group AA. It is simply that the Herald Courier pumps everything completely out of proportion. I think someone objective about the matter would clearly see I understand how the system works even if they think I'm a little high-strung about the matter.

[ QUOTE ]

The rest of what i said predicting the way it will all work out was so on point you decided to pass on a comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because...you make all these assumptions on a plan (4 Groups)...THAT IS ONLY JUST A PROPOSAL.

proposal- [n] something proposed (such as a plan or assumption)

[ QUOTE ]

You just hate that i know what is goin' on and called you out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just hope that I never rearend your car someday. You're the type that would sue me for house and home over it.

I'm washing my hands of you. In the meantime, this is for you and best of luck whatever happens.

http://www.wcs.k12.va.us/schools/ctr/mrraep/BRISTOL.HTM

cool.gif

That is what Region III says about Region IV. Which ever team wins Region IV is going to lose in the Semi-Finals. Maybe you guys from Grundy can compete in the Kentucky playoffs. I believe you would have a better shot at winning the state.

Ahhhh...but that's why they "play the games" as they say.

And whoever get's to the semi's, I will be there in the stands watching and keeping hope they might find a way to beat the Region III team.

The vanity of the few...gotta love it.