Big Blue Band

BigBlueAlum

I know this isn't exactly football, but if you havn't seen the Richlands Blue Tornado Band preform yet, it's a must see show (as always). The band is a five time honor band and has been great in the past years. Danny Swartz is a great director and works great with the kids. They work very hard and are always there to support their school and their football team. So if you get a chance, come out and see their show this year, or any year for that matter. Also, if you have seen it and would like to comment on it and/or let the members know what an outstanding job they do, feel free to do so here. Thanks.

I love the band. I've paid a lot more attention to them the past couple of years that my nephew has been a member. I went to several competitions last year and was very proud of them, especially at JMU when they got what I thought was the biggest ovation of the day.

I'm also excited for their trip to Philadelphia and New York. Though they will be sorely missed if the football team is playing a state semi-final that weekend. Maybe they can give the PA guy a tape or something.

haha...yea seriously....the band has been the bomb about the 2nd year my sister started in it and thats the group that started the 5 time honor band thing....the past 2 years shows w/the dances are the bomb tho it just makes u wanna stand up and holler which a lotta ppl do...i havent been able to see much of it tho cause where im playing football tho so!