Cart before the horse.

MavsRock

All this talk about Weir is a little premature. Bottom line is the Bluefield won't see them until at least round 3, if at all. If either one of them screws up before then, it becomes a moot point.

You must have. Some people started talking about how they thought Weir got special treatment, and then somebody said that they thought Weir was the only team who could beat Bluefield.

Yeah, if I were Bluefield I wouldn't count ou Wayne just yet. And while I do think Weir should have recieved harsher punishment I think all teams would be wise to not look past round one. I wouldn't be filling in the two championship contenders just yet, there is a lot of football to be played between now and then.

[ QUOTE ]

and then somebody said that they thought Weir was the only team who could beat Bluefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

And b/c someone made that single statement suddenly everyone in Bluefield is really focusing on Weir? This would appear to be another on your classic faulty conclusions. I believe if you'll read the thread again the majority of the talk has been about (1) whether or not Weir got off easy and (2) a discussion on the Graham/Harrisonburg 2001 state title game.

As for Wayne, I don't believe you've seen anyone on this board discounting Wayne. In fact, on other boards some people are saying that a Bluefield/Weir semi-final game would be for the state title, but I've jumped in very quickly to let them know Wayne will be a factor as well. Wayne, along with Beaver, has been the most consistent and best team in AA all season long.

In closing I'll say that in the end I'll be overly shocked if the state champion in AA isn't one of the big three: Bluefield, Wayne, or Weir.

[/ QUOTE ]

In closing I'll say that in the end I'll be overly shocked if the state champion in AA isn't one of the big three: Bluefield, Wayne, or Weir.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I agree, but I am sure the James Monroe people feel that they have a shot too, looks like Monroe, Weir and Bluefield and possibly Mount View may all end up in the same bracket, Wayne is gonna be in the other bracket. That is why some people are looking forward to a semi-final match-up with Bluefield and Weir...I know I know both teams have got to make it that far and it certainly is not out of the realm of possibility that Mount View could knock Bluefield off in Round One given the closeness of the game in October, should that be the 1st round match-up. Also possible for JM to knock off Wayne if that matchup happens. But certainly the one and two seeds are the favorites to advance to the title game, but that does not mean it is gonna happen. That is why we play the games.

But first things first here let's get Lee County out of the way and then worry about the playoffs. Let's go BEAVERS!!!

I'm still not really sure how Mount View can jump back into playoff contention b/c after losing to Logan everyone was sure MV was done. I guess it could possibly happen, not exactly sure what it would take, but I would assume it would start with Winfield and Liberty-Raleigh losing this weekend.

the JM fans seem to like the controversy THEY create, no-one is over looking any team, after last year, everyone is well aware that the better team doesnt always win. the preseason favs have always been Wayne, Blfd, Weir, in that order for me, but i now feel like this beaver team has achieved way more than anyone couldve expected, perhaps b/c of the new additions to the team..now the beavers are my #1 pick to win it all..looks like Wayne might have the easier road to the championship, but all the teams have to play the games to get there..as for JM, they are a dark horse (at BEST) to make a title appearance and i think they are a bit jealous that are not getting the consideration they feel they deserve..they lost 34-0 and they are on here spouting bout how the Beavs can be beat etc etc, yet Mt View is leading deep into the 4th qtr and you dont see one player/fan on here whining bout how the beavers can/should be beat..the teams that deserve respect get it, by earning it,, so far JM hasnt earned anything

i agree with so many on here you cant look past any team. the beavers need to stay focused on one team a week starting with Lee. with that said i think that they have a great chance to win the title. they have so many weapons in the air and on the ground. if one is shut down the other shines bright so its going to be hard to defend all of the weapons.

I agree, I think the real 3 contenders for the State Championship are Bluefield, Wayne and Weir, but i honestly think that Bluefield is the best AA team but they can be beaten by Both of those teams if they don't play well. I think Wayne is a bigger threat to Bluefield Then Weir even know Weir almost knocked Bluefield out in the 2nd round last year but thankfully David Perdue made a Miricle Catch

I saw for the 2004 AA State Championship It is Bluefield Vs. Wayne

With this whole cart before the horse idea just a nice little fun fact for the beaver fans Wayne was at the Shady&Bluefield game scouting the beavers thats how far ahead they were looking,. But i think shady should face clay county in the first round should win and then go to ravenswood most likely for round 2 which i also think is a very winnable game for the tigers. So the pioneers could possibly play the tigers in the semis and the beavers in the finals if everything goes the way everybody says. But watch out lower bracket i think Shady can make it to the semis at least i hope. GO SHADY!!!