LEBANON IS GOING TO TO BE ANIALATED

Richlands21

[ QUOTE ]

Heck yea he did, lebanon didnt play 4 quarters and thats what hurt them, they were right w/us till half way thru the 3rd

[/ QUOTE ]

Depth! When those linemen come out of the huddle with their hands on their hips, they're beat. Same thing happened with VHS, Graham, Tazewell ect.

I don't mean to throw cold water on your party, but you'd better put things in perspective. You've lost to a division 2 team (Gate City), you've had to wear down 3 division 3 teams and 1 division 2 team (Graham, Tazewell, Va. High and Lebanon) before you could generate any offense. Do you honestly think in a division 4 playoff you're not going to run into a team that has just as much depth as you have plus a high powered offense? Instead of high fiving each other and braging about how you wore down teams with fewer numbers than you have, I'd be concentrating on finding some offense that can play against a team that has as much depth as you have, because the big fish in the little pond has to go to the big pond now and you're going to find teams you can't wait to wear down. I'm not downing you by any means, I'm just trying to snap you back to reality so you can represent this region. You have a great defense but you're going to have to work on your offense because you're about to go up against people with just as much depth as you have. Good luck and work hard.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to throw cold water on your party, but you'd better put things in perspective. You've lost to a division 2 team (Gate City), you've had to wear down 3 division 3 teams and 1 division 2 team (Graham, Tazewell, Va. High and Lebanon) before you could generate any offense. Do you honestly think in a division 4 playoff you're not going to run into a team that has just as much depth as you have plus a high powered offense? Instead of high fiving each other and braging about how you wore down teams with fewer numbers than you have, I'd be concentrating on finding some offense that can play against a team that has as much depth as you have, because the big fish in the little pond has to go to the big pond now and you're going to find teams you can't wait to wear down. I'm not downing you by any means, I'm just trying to snap you back to reality so you can represent this region. You have a great defense but you're going to have to work on your offense because you're about to go up against people with just as much depth as you have. Good luck and work hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck against the little fish in the playoffs. Good luck and work hard Lebanon.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wat about Carrol county? Theres a very good chance we could play them 1st or 2nd round and it worked on them, i dont want to start nething but u guys need to be the ones working on a new offense b/c ur going to face teams in the playoffs like us, there are single A schools as deep as us too and i would try to find sumthing that will get u a point on the borad at least, now thats overwith,GOOD LUCK and i hope we can bring sum Championships back to SWVA!

I agree, Lebanon has much work to do, but you can't just practice depth, Lebanon has to play with what it has win or lose. Carroll County? you think that's as tough as it'll get? I have'nt heard ANY Lebanon fans or players talking state championship, they're pretty realistic about what's ahead of them and the work they need to do. I expect Richlands to go thru region 4 okay, then all the talk and chest thumping's not gonna get the job done. You had 90% of your offense against Lebanon in the 4th quarter, that's not gonna cut it in division 4 playoffs. I'm not gonna try to make excuses for Lebanon, their offense looked like a deer in the headlights against Riclands, but for 3 quarters so did Richlands. When and if Lebanon runs up against a team with as much depth as Richlands.....they're toast, on the other hand if Richlands tries to wear down bigger division 4 teams with a high powered offense, that won't wear down in the 4th.......they're toast. Lebanon knows exactly what's ahead of them, I don't get that feeling from Richlands. I don't believe they've stepped back and looked at who they've played and who they've got ahead of them. I'll be pulling for both Lebanon and Richlands, both have plenty of work to do.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to throw cold water on your party, but you'd better put things in perspective. You've lost to a division 2 team (Gate City), you've had to wear down 3 division 3 teams and 1 division 2 team (Graham, Tazewell, Va. High and Lebanon) before you could generate any offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not entirely accurate. Richlands moved the ball well against those teams but didn't alway's get in the endzone. The offense has been flat at times, the passing game hasn't alway's clicked, they've made too many penalties and TO's, but they've still outscored opponents in the first half 164-54. That averages to an 18-6 halftime lead. Only 2 of 10 teams have scored more than 18 points on Richlands in an entire game. They've trailed at the half twice by a combined deficit of 9 points. So the scoring explosions in the 3rd and 4th have mostly been gravy.

You often bring up the fact that you and several other teams that play Richlands are single A or in a lower division. I don't get your reasoning there. Every team on the schedule has as many kids in pads as Richlands. The only schools we play that should be single A are Graham and Grundy. The rest have large enough enrolements to play AA but choose to beat up on schools that really do have tiny numbers.

You're missing the point. Richlands and Carroll County should dress out huge teams every year with their numbers, and the talent pool should be head and shoulders above eveybody else in this region. Richlands does'nt have much choice but to play smaller schools in this area, that's all there is. But, when you get to region 3, then you're going to be in the same boat as most schools are in here when they play Richlands, the numbers are gonna be in their favor. Richlands plays as tough a schedule as they possibly can in ths part of the state without having to travel 100's of miles to play. I believe you think I'm trying to down your program.....not at all.....you have a great program. I just get the feeling that you're trying to base what is ahead of you on what is behind you, no region 3 division 4 team will be intimidated by Richlands numbers because the numbers will be on their side. There won't be any division 2 or 3 teams in your playoffs, what you've done in this part of the state is remarkable but it won't mean a heal of beans when you get out of region 4. I want you to win and it's time to prepare to win, it's gonna be a tougher road form here on out.

With all due respect, I'm not the one missing the point. Richlands has 43 kids on the varsity roster. I counted about that many for Lebanon during warm-ups Friday night. Richlands has a depth advantage because of talent and experience. Not superior numbers. They may play smaller schools, but they're not playing smaller football teams. To say that Richlands should have superior numbers because of a larger enrolement doesn't mean anything when it's not the case.

Even if the offense couldn't move the ball until opponents wear down (which isn't the case), it's the defense that has been winning games for them. They held a 9-0 team to less than 100 yards of total offense. The most points they've given up is 28 to Gate City, and they were a middle screen on a blitz from that number being 14. They are giving up 10.9 points per game. The offense has been more than good enough to cover that.

They will run into better teams in the playoffs. No doubt about that (and I for one have said nothing about state), but I like their chances against anyone.

[ QUOTE ]

With all due respect, I'm not the one missing the point. Richlands has 43 kids on the varsity roster. I counted about that many for Lebanon during warm-ups Friday night. Richlands has a depth advantage because of talent and experience. Not superior numbers. They may play smaller schools, but they're not playing smaller football teams. To say that Richlands should have superior numbers because of a larger enrolement doesn't mean anything when it's not the case.

Even if the offense couldn't move the ball until opponents wear down (which isn't the case), it's the defense that has been winning games for them. They held a 9-0 team to less than 100 yards of total offense. The most points they've given up is 28 to Gate City, and they were a middle screen on a blitz from that number being 14. They are giving up 10.9 points per game. The offense has been more than good enough to cover that.

They will run into better teams in the playoffs. No doubt about that (and I for one have said nothing about state), but I like their chances against anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well stated.

Lebanon has 35 freshmen - sophmores and almost 300 less enrollment than Richlands....why? How many points did you score in the first half against Tazewell, Graham, Va. High and Lebanon? Oh well, I guess all those games were flukes, I was just hoping you'd come back down to earth before you got to region 3. I'm just glad Lebanon knows exactly what they're up against and what they have to work on to have a chance. Good luck.

[ QUOTE ]

Lebanon has 35 freshmen - sophmores and almost 300 less enrollment than Richlands....why? How many points did you score in the first half against Tazewell, Graham, Va. High and Lebanon? Oh well, I guess all those games were flukes, I was just hoping you'd come back down to earth before you got to region 3. I'm just glad Lebanon knows exactly what they're up against and what they have to work on to have a chance. Good luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just checked student enrollment numbers; Richlands has 276 more students. Lebanon is the fourth largest school in Group A Region C and D (I looked at both).

Thanks, but don't worry. They know what they're up against and they know what they need to work on. In my opinion that would be penalties and turnovers.

How many points did we score in the first half against Tazewell, Graham, VHS and Lebanon? 27

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just checked student enrollment numbers; Richlands has 276 more students. Lebanon is the fourth largest school in Group A Region C and D (I looked at both).

[/ QUOTE ]

Which would give Lebanon the 3rd highest enrollment in the SWD.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which would give Lebanon the 3rd highest enrollment in the SWD.

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO. I checked you're right. Props to Grundy, Tazewell, and Graham.

Read it again, I said almost 300. Geeeez. So, Lebanon is in the top 4 in enrollment in single A, region C & D, and your point is? There's a lot of schools in single A that don't even have 276 students. Just go back to pumping yourself up and don't even worry about any lackings you might have, it'll be a cake walk for you all the way thru the state championship. Lebanon is 9-1 in single A, you're 9-1 in AA.........means nothing, I hope Lebanon does'nt spend the next week telling each other how great they are, if they do then they're in for a rude awakening too. Lebanon has a lot to work on in the next 2 weeks, difference is, I believe they know that.

So, they've averaged 6.75 points in the first half per game against 3 division 3's and a division 2. No, I was wrong, you don't have anything to work on, should be a piece of cake. I agree, props to Tazewell Grundy and Graham, if they went single A, it'd be the end of the SWD, plus if they went into region C only one would make the playoffs instead of the whole district, hummmmmmmmmmm.