LEBANON IS GOING TO TO BE ANIALATED

Richlands21

You are getting too worked up over this. Relax.

[ QUOTE ]

So, they've averaged 6.75 points in the first half per game against 3 division 3's and a division 2. No, I was wrong, you don't have anything to work on, should be a piece of cake. I agree, props to Tazewell Grundy and Graham, if they went single A, it'd be the end of the SWD, plus if they went into region C only one would make the playoffs instead of the whole district, hummmmmmmmmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands does know what is ahead of them. But the thing about the Richlands players and coaches is that they do not worry about what is ahead of them. They only worry about their next opponent. They work on beating that team, which has worked all year long after Gate City. Yes, they have beat smaller enrollment schools, but very good quality teams. It is going to be different ball game after Region IV but Richlands has always found a way to win even if the Offense is flat.

Another thing Richlands runs their best offense out of the shotgun and for some reason hardly ever run it until the second half. The first half they mostly line up in the I and run and pass a little. The second they go in shotgun and go wide open and if i'm not mistaken. Lebanon could not stop it in the second half either.

Richlands knows what's ahead just not worried

And you talk like just because these teams have smaller enrollment that we should just destroy these teams. Yes we finally put these teams away in the second half, but none of them were ever winning except Grahm 3-0 at the half. then none of the games were within 2 touchdowns. According to your beliefs Richlands should have beat these smaller schools like Grahm 45-7, Tazwell 53-10, Va High 58-3, and Lebanon 64-0. These teams are better than that.

[ QUOTE ]

So, they've averaged 6.75 points in the first half per game against 3 division 3's and a division 2. No, I was wrong, you don't have anything to work on, should be a piece of cake. I agree, props to Tazewell Grundy and Graham, if they went single A, it'd be the end of the SWD, plus if they went into region C only one would make the playoffs instead of the whole district, hummmmmmmmmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, not once have I said Richlands doesn't have anything to work on. They get too many penalties, make too many turnovers, and sometimes they're flat.

Your argument, if I understand you corectly, is that Richlands should destroy everyone in SWVA because of superior enrollment, but once they get to state, if they get to state, they will be destroyed because of inferior enrollment.

My argument is that Lebanon's enrollment, as well as Gate City's, is plenty large enough to play AA, and Lebanon, as well as Gate City both have just as many kids on the roster as Richlands. You make it sound as though Richlands is beating up on JV teams. That's just not the case.

You are correct that Richlands has some things to work on. You are also correct that they will run into some teams that won't wear down. You are not correct that this team thinks it will be a cakewalk. These kids have a lot of experience. They know what they need to do.

Everyone from lebanon can talk all the crap they want to about the game and how we just wore you down but guess what our team was way better. All i have heard this year is excuses from other teams but we never get much credit. Richlands always steps up to the task at hand. You all thought you would beat us coming into the game, but you didn't. Richlands will continue to step up to the task and keep winning football games. It isn't that we are deeper that makes us a such good team its that we work harder then anyone else. That is why we are so conditioned at the end of the game. Great job Friday Richlands and don't let anyone pull you down

Might I add 1 thing to the enrollment thinggy.

I am in NO way making fun. I promise.

Lebanon has a program for the mentaly retarted students from all over the county, which means we get students from Honaker, Castlewood, and Lebanon.

And in the enroll. #'s for Leb they include them. Why I have no idea because they are not able to play these types of sports. Now, I'm not sure how many students this is, But I know it counts against us.

Again I am not making fun. just saying.

also I "heard" ( you know how things are said ) Lebanon was changing the way they played for that game to save the running game for the playoffs, which was STUPID, I have never liked changing anything about your football team for any reason. like I said it was said they did for this game so dont say I am making excuses, but they did not run the ball like the did against the other teams, noteably GW which was A LOT quicker than yall. But, the final score of the game said you all won and that is all that matters. change or no change.

I don't believe I've heard anybody say that the best team did'nt win friday night, no doubt the best team won. Lebanon played defensive football for 4 quarters, can't win like that. Contrary to popular belief, I'm not downing Richlands, I want them to win, they deserve to win and on the selfish side it would look better for Lebanon to get pounded by by the division 4 AA state champions than by an "also ran". Every team can use constructive criticism, but it's became clear that Richlands don't want to hear anything that would resemble a weakness in your team. Before fridays game I expected Ringstaff to run roughshod over the Lebanon defense, did'nt happen til the 4th quarter when I could have ran for 200 yards myself against an exhausted defense, and I'm 56 years old. If this had been a one time thing then I would have blamed it on a flat night, but it happened at least 4 times this year. Lebanon's play friday night was downright ugly, if they don't go back to their game plan that worked all year then they won't get past the 2nd round of the playoffs, 1 first down in the first half is embarassing to Lebanon as only 3 should be for Richlands. Lebanon nor Richlands can punt their way to prosperity in the playoffs, both teams have a lot of work to do in the next two weeks. I wish both teams good luck and apologize to the ones that did'nt understand where I was coming from, I'm by no means a football wizard but I've seen and coached enough football to know where there is room for improvement. Both of these teams have a very good shot in their respective divisions, but both have some tall mountains to climb and need to be prepared.

I didn't say I didn't want to hear anything about a weakness. Every team has them and Richlands is no different.

I'm simply Arguing the fact that enrollment doesn't mean anything when the number of football players is the about the same. And that Lebanon is a team that can't say much about enrollment because you're playing well beneath your own.

Richlands wasn't flat against Lebanon. Lebanon has a great defense. You picked off two passes early in the game which forced Richlands to pretty much abandon the passing game as they only threw 4 times on the night.

It's true that Ringstaff had a big 4th quarter, breaking off one long run after another, finishing with 258 yards, but he had 150 yards before you wore down. That played a huge role in wearing you down.

As for Lebanon's game plan...I think their best chance against Richlands was in the air. The strength of your team is Miller's arm, and Carroll County had some success passing against us a week earlier. If your o-line could have held their blocks longer it might have been a different game.

What was so different about Lebanons gameplan. Was it the way you run the ball, that you didnt run it and passed it, let me know.

According to the stats Lebanon Run the ball 33 times for 30 yards. That is not to good. I would not run the ball either if I was going to average less than a yard per carry. 33 times is alot. Lebanon pass only 12 times less than they passed against GW. They passed the ball 13 times with 11 receptions. They ran the ball 47 times 14 more times than against Richlands. I would blame this on only getting three first downs the whole time. Lebanon did not getting many plays because they hardly had the ball more than 3 downs. according to the stats your play calling when coming to wither to run or not was the same. The execution just was not there because of Richlands defense. Same with Richland's offense (which did move the ball somewhat cain had 140+ yards halfway through the 3rd quarter until is outburst just could not score) Lebanon has a great defense they was not averaging less than 10 points per game to their opponents because their defense was weak.

I agree both teams has stuff to work on but I would say that every team in the state is saying the same exact thing. They need to work on somethings. (With the exception of Gretna)

Clodhopper u guys have a good football team, and ur right we both have to work hard to be succesfull in the playoffs, but the only weakness i saw was that the let up in the 4th, the score would not have been the same if u didnt let up in the 4th it owuld probly still been 12-0, thats the plus for richlands they dont wear out, but we havr too many stupid penatlies and fumbles and mental errors that cause us to lose yards and all that, with all that said im done w/this thread i just want to say uve got a very well rounded football team and hope u guys do good in the playoffs, as for Richlands..GIT-R-DUN!