Hey Richlands fans...did you all see this...

GMan

I laughed until i rolled in the floor Friday night when I saw that. I thought about the 92' Semi game driving home from EHS. Friday was the first time I ever sat on the home side at EH and was pleasantly suprised how good the view was.

Oh yeah, I saw it with my own two eyes back in '92. The Richlands Fire Department brought down all of their trucks and blasted the field down real good. *SARCASM mode: OFF*

Geez, Salem, if you're going to lie, at least make it good. I'll admit that I've made a couple of jokes about Cleatgate myself but this is just getting ridiculous. These kids weren't even old enough to barely hold a football when this happened. It's too bad this crap doesn't destroy WDBJ's credibility.

I remember this quite well. I officiated the Regional final with Abingdon the week before. If I remember we had a great deal of cold and snow this time of the year. I remember the night of the Abingdon game it was the coldest I had ever been officiating.

saw for the first time just a few min. ago. and i agree that was 12 yaers ago. none of my kids were even at richlands and the one that is now was only 6 at the time so these boys dont deserve this crap. what happen was wrong but they did there time took care of things and now it's over. and for the fire trucks come on i have never heard of such a thing. how far will people go just to try to make matters worse. this is a different game.

DMAN, as a Salem fan I've got to clarify something. The kid WDBJ interviewed was Matt Shawver our QB. He's a great kid, very humble. He had just directed the Spartans to a very important victory over a very talented and physical Amherst team. He was walking off the field and a reporter shoved a mike in his face and asked the leading "cleatgate" question. Matt only repeated what he'd heard from people here in Salem who tell that watering story like it was the truth. It's not and most of us know it. It's one of those things that gets repeated enough that it becomes the truth to some. Don't blame the kid. WDBJ got the reaction they wanted. I know, as adults, we'd like to think that if we were in the same situation we'd react differently. We'd like to think we'd not give an offensive answer but we never know how we'd react. Put yourself in that kid's shoes.

I'm tired of hearing it too. Mike Stevens and WDBJ are the ones behind it's recent unearthing. I know you folks out there in Claypool Hill think WDBJ is in Salem's corner. They're not. They would like nothing better than to stir this crap up. It increases viewership.

Good luck to you Saturday. All that we can ask for is that each player plays his best and stays healthy. I look for a good game.

GO SALEM

GO MULES

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I hope that kid doesn't actually believe that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure he does...that's the Gospel in Salem!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

G-MAN you seem to know one hell of alot about Salem. Have you ever lived here? You don't know squat about Salem. I'll tell you what. The next time you're in Salem give me a call. I'm in the phone book, Lee Eubanks. I live two doors down from Oakey's Funeral Home. Come on by, I'll buy you a beer or if you prefer I've got a pretty well stocked liquor cabinet. I'll give you the 50 cent tour of Salem. I'm damn proud of this city just as I'm sure you are proud of Bluefield. I have never accused Richlands of watering the field, never. If you can site an instance of my doing so I'll politely kiss your ass at Old Salem Days. I know what happened in 92 and so do you.

These kids playing Saturday, yours and ours don't need to be dragged into history. This is their time. They are playing the greatest game on earth, high school football.

If you're setting up this "cleatgate straw man' in an effort to motivate your kids so be it. That's your choice, it's not mine.

May the best team win!

GO SALEM

GO MULES

[ QUOTE ]

G-MAN you seem to know one hell of alot about Salem. Have you ever lived here? You don't know squat about Salem. I'll tell you what. The next time you're in Salem give me a call. I'm in the phone book, Lee Eubanks. I live two doors down from Oakey's Funeral Home. Come on by, I'll buy you a beer or if you prefer I've got a pretty well stocked liquor cabinet. I'll give you the 50 cent tour of Salem. I'm damn proud of this city just as I'm sure you are proud of Bluefield. I have never accused Richlands of watering the field, never. If you can site an instance of my doing so I'll politely kiss your ass at Old Salem Days. I know what happened in 92 and so do you.

These kids playing Saturday, yours and ours don't need to be dragged into history. This is their time. They are playing the greatest game on earth, high school football.

If you're setting up this "cleatgate straw man' in an effort to motivate your kids so be it. That's your choice, it's not mine.

May the best team win!

GO SALEM

GO MULES

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly where you live! And I'd love to take you up on that drink and tour...how does Saturday look for you??? grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

May the best team win!

GO SALEM

GO MULES

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly where you live! And I'd love to take you up on that drink and tour...how does Saturday look for you??? grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got something to do Saturday. LOL And if we're fortunate I'll have something to do the Sat. after that. How bout' after New Years? I really mean it. Come on down!

GO SALEM

GO MULES

for the one hundred and fourteen millionth time...yes we saw it...and if we didnt see if its been brought to our attention or we were there. can we say over-rated?! my lord this was 12 years ago..these boys were just young tots who were just learning how to play football. come on now...can we respectively drop the whole "cleat-gate" topic and grow up here. we've got one heck of a game this saturday and honestly..nothing of the such topic will phase our boys!!! Go blues! <font color="pink"> </font>

[ QUOTE ]

nah...u wont be fortunate enuff to do anything next saturday, unless u are comin to watch richlands win state?

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw let's play it anyway just for grins!!!!!! cool.gif

GO SALEM

GO MULES