Hurley Preview

thuginbballer3

The 2004 Rebel season could go one of two ways... Up from the 6 wins from last year... or down in which most people are projecting.. These rebels will be lead by 7 seniors. who have played together for 4th grade. But Hurley has only one returning starter from last year in Dustin Christian (9.8 ppg)... Dustin has the ability to step outside or go inside, but lacks in the Defensive category. The rebels also return part-time starter Scottie Potter. Potter who is a solid ball handler will be asked to pick up the offensive load in his senior season. Helping the cause this year will be Football Standouts Danny Robinson (6-4,250,SR) who will be a presents inside, along with John Rife (5'11,185,SR) who has great speed. Chris Prater is a tall lanky swingman who can jump out of the gym. DJ McCracken a 1st year senior brings the ability to shoot from outside or in and is one of the best free throw shooters on the team... Matt Sloan (6'8 230) will roam the paint for the rebels this year... key players include Eric May and Shane Shelton.

The Rebels have a fairly tough schedule this year... But in the BDD it's always tough. Everyone thinks its Twin Valley and Haysi. But the rebels could step up and shock some people with the senior leadership this team has.

Good luck to you guys... Dustin and Scottie go gettem guys.. Sounds like you have the size and the shooters!! Scottie gonna run the pt.. He did really good 2 years ago when I saw him play. Sounds like you have some experience coming back also.

WELL ANOTHER YEAR OF HURLEY BASKETBALL AN ANOTHE YEAR OF MR. HORNE PLEASE LET THE MADNESS STOP HORNE GIVE IT UP YOU KILL THE TEAM YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE WON BY 10 NOT LOST BY 12 FRIDAY NIGHT ERIC MAY SCORED 19 POINTS OFF THE SPLINTER SEAT THATS RIGHT OFF THE BENCH AND BROUGHT HURLEY BACK WITH IN 8 POINTS BUT WHAT DOES HORN DO SET HIM DOWN I KNOW HE WAS A LITTLE TIERD BUT THAT IS WHAT TIME OUTS ARE FOR AND YOU KNOW DUSTIN WASNT HIMSELF HE MISSED ALOT OF OPEN LOOKS THATS NOT LIKE HIM SCOTTIE DONE A GOOD JOB WITH THE POINT DANNY HAD A FEW GOOD REBOUNDS BUT REALY MAT SLONE YOU HAVE GOT TO BE MORE AGGRESSIVE WITH THE BALL GET YOUR BACK TO THE BASKET AND GOOD POSTION YOU HAVE GOT FIGHT FOR IT THE WAY THAT ERIC DID YOU CANT GIVE UP ANY GROUND YOUR THE BIGGEST GUY TO COME THREW HURLEY IN YEARS YOU REALY NEED TO WORK ON YOUR INSIDE GAME YOU HAVE GOTTEN A ALRIGHT SHOT BUT ITS YOUR TOUCH SHOT AROUND THE BASKET THAT HURTS YOU . YOU HAVE TO HAVE CONVINCE INYOURSELF ALL YOU GUYS COULD TAKE A LEASSON FORM ERICS GAME ON FRIDAY INCLUDING ERIC. PLAY HARD FROM START TO FINSH BECAUSE IT COULD BE YOUR ONLY TIME TO SHINE ON THE COURT DONT GET MAD IF ITS NOT GOING YOUR WAY PLAY YOUR GAME AND IT WILL WORK OUT FOR THE BEST . YOUR NOT GOING TO WIN EVERY GAME YOU PLAY BUT KNOWING YOU DID YOUR BEST AND THAT YOU PLAYED TOGETHER AS A TEAM AND THAT THE COACH GAVE THE TEAM EVERY CHANCE TO WIN BY MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICES ON PLAYERS AND PLAYING TIME THEN HURLEY COULD HAVE A GOOD YEAR AND I REALY MEAN THAT AND ANOTHER BRIGHT PLAYER WAS SHANE SHELTON WHO AGAIN DIDNT GET TO START BUT CAME OFF THE BENCH AND DONE BETTER THAN THE PLAYER THAT HAD STARTED IN HIS PLACE BUT I GUESS I SHOULDNT SAY TO MUCH ABOUT MR. HORNE AFTER ALL I THINK HE AND MR. SMITH INVINTED THE GAME OF BASKETBALL TOGETHER AND IVE ONLY BEEN PLAYING FOR ABOUT 20 YEARS OR SO AND STILL DO. IN ORDER TO KEEP UP WITH THE GAME YOU HAVE TO DO MORE THAN JUST WATCH THE GAME OR TALK TO OTHER COACHES ON HOW TO HANDEL THIS PLAY OR THAT PLAY. WITH THAT SAID ENUFF IS ENUFF PLEASE SAY GOOD BY HORNE AND JOEY LET A NEW STYLE STEP IN AND TAKE OVER SOMEONE WITH A (WINNING ATTIUDE)!!!! GOOD LUCK REBES. smirk.gif

The Rebels stepped up saturday and had a good victory over a struggling Appalichia Team. Dustin Christian led all scores with 22 points, and Scottie Potter added 7 and played great D-Fense.. But back to people talking about coach horne. Coach has his team ready to play every night. He is the coach and people shoulden't be talking trash about him don't forget his team won a Region D Championship in 1987, and should have won another one in 92', he also took a girls team to the state tournement. So just stop and look at his accomplishments. People Say his Style of Coaching is Outdated, its not the plays he designs work and he wants his team to get out a push the ball and get up and down the floor which is what it takes now a days. So Coach Horne still know how to win.

well let me start by saying im sorry if i mad any of you mad but you guys realy dont know what the difference between a good coach and a great coach . coach horne was a good teacher of the game a long time ago but in my eyes he has never been a great coach and as far as the region D crown that he brought to hurley well let me say this do you guys remember a guy by the name of roger rife he had as much to do with that title as horne he got those guys ready for that year a year earlier i know because i was there to see it for myself and no i dont have a grudge against coach horne hes a great person just not a great coach theres a old saying good players can win you games win there on top of the game, good coaches can win games win good players are at there worst and thats true just play enough ball and youll see what im talking about or just watch enough ball its all on how you look at it and there is a difference between a coach and a teacher in the game of basketball and for those who know what im talking about its just like any skill you have to first be tought how to do it before you can master it. wink.gif