Nike Contacts Ahmad Bradshaw

Sources

I've heard from several sources that Ahmad Bradshaw recently received a call from Nike and was asked what number he would be wearing next season because Nike was going to start selling his jersey next year.

why wouldn't they just ask the coaches?

They very well might sell AB jerseys next year, in most shops around campus' you can find jerseys of most of the popular players...he's in a skill position and will probably start next year, wouldn't be anything out of the normal as far as that goes.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they sell his jersey number but I doubt they called him directly. For one thing, I think it might be a violation. For another, NIKE would just call Marshall's licensing department or SID to get his number.

Bradshaw was Marshall's second-ranked running back in most offensive categories in the last year. I doubt his productivity in this year's bowl game, however, due to his injury against Western Michigan (which I'm honestly surprised did not make it onto this forum sooner...).

This is not a large surprise to me, being in the college sports scene. However, I am surprised the jersies were not sold this year, especially in the second half. They must go through the team as a formality, and then will go through either him or his agent (since he is not THAT famous yet, I would say through Bradshaw himself). I wish that young man the best, no matter what comes of this deal.

college kids are not allowed to have agents...violation of NCAA regulations...when you go through the clearinghouse that's one of the first questions. Also one of the reasons that Williams wasn't allowed to return to USC, he hired an agent...had he not done so he probably would be playing ball right now.

yeah AB is much better off where he is...that one beer and poor moment of judgement might turn out to be the best thing that ever happened to him in retrospect...I doubt he would be running the ball at UVA at all...if so it wouldn't have been until he was at least a JR.

[ QUOTE ]

That is EXACTLY the reason at UVA right now.

We have that nifty single-sanction honor code: "one strike, you're out."

Bradshaw had his strike far too early, but I doubt he would have played much this year. Marshall seems to be the better fit for him.

[/ QUOTE ]Unless you are Ahmad Brooks apparently. What Bradshaw did was wrong, but the reason he was gone so quick is that UVA didn't want anybody snooping around there. He was offered as a sacrifice to show just how tough UVA is on offenders (sarcasm).

The linebacker who was also expelled was Ottawa Anderson, not the Butkus Award-finalist Ahmad Brooks. Even as a second year, he was suspended the first time around.

The honor code at UVA is not a joke; I have seen the system in process, and it is anything but lenient.

GHS89's comment, though intended to be sarcastic, is not far from the truth. UVA has a low tolerance for misbehavior, and Groh (being a strict disciplinarian) decided to pull the plug on Bradshaw.

Lance pretty much his the nail on the head. This year is Alvin Pearman's year, next year is Wali Lundy's year. Bradshaw would have probably been redshirted as a freshman, and in that instance, he may have seen a few carries his freshman year with his sophomore year being his breakout season. However, Groh selected him for his defensive back skills than his running skills. He was the shortest of Groh's incoming class of defensive backs at 5'10''. Groh also drafted six (which could solve Virginia's secondary problem in a couple of years). This doomed Bradshaw from the start. I hope his mistake here turns into success for him at Marshall.

[ QUOTE ]

The linebacker who was also expelled was Ottawa Anderson, not the Butkus Award-finalist Ahmad Brooks. Even as a second year, he was suspended the first time around.

The honor code at UVA is not a joke; I have seen the system in process, and it is anything but lenient.

GHS89's comment, though intended to be sarcastic, is not far from the truth. UVA has a low tolerance for misbehavior, and Groh (being a strict disciplinarian) decided to pull the plug on Bradshaw.

Lance pretty much his the nail on the head. This year is Alvin Pearman's year, next year is Wali Lundy's year. Bradshaw would have probably been redshirted as a freshman, and in that instance, he may have seen a few carries his freshman year with his sophomore year being his breakout season. However, Groh selected him for his defensive back skills than his running skills. He was the shortest of Groh's incoming class of defensive backs at 5'10''. Groh also drafted six (which could solve Virginia's secondary problem in a couple of years). This doomed Bradshaw from the start. I hope his mistake here turns into success for him at Marshall.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really not the place to discuss it, but I offer up a couple names to say that the honor code isn't apparently applied uniformly.

Olden Polynice

Antione Womack

Also, one poster was commenting that Ahmad Brooks seemed to get a free pass on his infraction.

[ QUOTE ]

(snip)

However, Groh selected him for his defensive back skills than his running skills. He was the shortest of Groh's incoming class of defensive backs at 5'10''. Groh also drafted six (which could solve Virginia's secondary problem in a couple of years). This doomed Bradshaw from the start. I hope his mistake here turns into success for him at Marshall.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must say, this comment makes it sound like whether or not he was going be a factor for playing time factors into punishment. That's not what you're saying, is it?

it seems what we're sayin is that Ahmad was less of a loss for UVA in comparison to his gain at Marshall.... he was Virginia's trash and Marshall's treasure lol... but the fact that nike wants to use him now as a freshman is significant...esp after his little incident

It does't have anything to do with snooping around,bradshaw was doing wrong thats what its all about,and there is not a chance of nike calling him or about him.Get real!!A roll model he's not.A good football player yes!as a person i don't know ,but coach carlock liked him so that is good enought for me.