Enough about 1992...There is a BIG GAME in 3 days

BigD4VT

All the talk about this game has centered on something that the players aren't old enough to remember. I'm as guilty of that as anyone but it's time to DROP IT! And that includes fans of other teams...you are egging it on. Let the existing threads on the subject DIE, and don't start any new ones. If a Salem fan comes over here and starts one just ignore it. It won't be easy to ignore when someone trashes your school/town but there are two 11-1 football teams that deserve better. If you want to talk about Richlands/Salem, talk about this week's game.

Nicely put..!! If you scroll back through the recent posts, notice NO SALEM people has attempted to bring back old memories, only squash the ones already going. I came on this board to find and share info on Saturday's game and I was pretty much treated like your so called "red headed stepchild". (refer to my post on parking at Hicks field???) I am looking forward to the "storm" and I just want all to enjoy the day and may the game be injury free.!!!! Seems most of this "history" crap is being brought to light by an outsider of the "Richlands Proud" and if you look back, you will see what I mean.!!!!! Good luck to all the teams still playing.

[ QUOTE ]

Seems most of this "history" crap is being brought to light by an outsider of the "Richlands Proud" and if you look back, you will see what I mean.!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly what you mean.

The Salem fans and the Richlands fans are alot alike. We are all proud people savoring a true sports tradition. Hopefully we can all enjoy the day Saturday and be proud of this tradition...win or lose.!!!! There's always next year for both teams. I am lookng forward to my visit to your lovely region of the state.

SalemFan, I gave you an honest and straight foward reply to your post about parking and tailgating at Ernie Hicks. Sorry you felt like a "red headed stepchild". I'm looking forward to this game on saturday. Safe travels

[ QUOTE ]

All the talk about this game has centered on something that the players aren't old enough to remember. I'm as guilty of that as anyone but it's time to DROP IT! And that includes fans of other teams...you are egging it on. Let the existing threads on the subject DIE, and don't start any new ones. If a Salem fan comes over here and starts one just ignore it. It won't be easy to ignore when someone trashes your school/town but there are two 11-1 football teams that deserve better. If you want to talk about Richlands/Salem, talk about this week's game.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine with me!

GO SALEM

GO MULES

Yours and one or two others were polite and helpful, but if you go back and read, the majority were not very helpful at all and some just downright rude. I can overlook this kind of behaviour as I am an adult. I just wish every adult acted as one. See y'all saturday and thanks for your info on the parking situation.

RICHLANDS is having a tailgate party Saturday,(east end zone gate) and I told the principle of our school today I hope its like all the other ones we have had . I dont care where your from come and eat with us. Lets talk good football, cheer on the boys before they play and lets enjoy a good football game.(it dont cost a dime) If any one from Marion has been watching the posts, that came to the one we did when you came over to play us give a post please. I met alot of people that day we enjoyed our self all you wanted to eat. Just every one remember this isnt one of Richlands tail gate parties weve had in the past. they'll still be plenty to eat but the menu wont be as broad. Richlands main priority right now is getting ERNIE HICKS STADIUM IN THE BEST POSSIBLE playing conditions by Friday night. And then will start working on the Saturday morning fun, GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS, BOTH TEAMS HAVE HAD A GREAT YEAR. Both towns have some thing to be proud of

[ QUOTE ]

" Richlands main priority right now is getting ERNIE HICKS STADIUM IN THE BEST POSSIBLE playing conditions by Friday night. And then will start working on the Saturday morning fun, GOOD LUCK TO BOTH TEAMS, BOTH TEAMS HAVE HAD A GREAT YEAR. Both towns have some thing to be proud of

[/ QUOTE ]

You sound like a REAL Tornado fan and yes, BOTH towns have something to be proud of. I'll try to look you guys up and share a tale or two and maybe a Dr Pepper or whatever is on the table. Take care and good luck with the "tailgate" and the game.!! See y'all there.!!!!

(SALEM FAN) I finally just read the post about your tailgating question just now. Over by the middle school where the visitors park would be a good area, or one even better if I was out of town and knew about this spot where I'd do it.In between the middle school and the elementry scholl is a road going up the hill SALEM locker room close by and theres a picnic shelter up there just a suggestion.You can see the field from up there and every thing thats goin on. Theres only one better place I know to do it at and youll see us tailgatin there when you drive by to get there. SAFE TRAVEL ON YOUR WAY GOOD LUCK