ACC Basketball: UVa - 89, Auburn - 87; VT?

TheAlpha

So I head downtown to watch the Cavalier/Tiger game in Richmond tonight with a buddy who is a rabid 'hoo fan. I spend 2 and a half hours with a few thousand other rabid Cavalier fans. Yes, I need a shower - I reek of pink champagne and finger sandwiches. The steak tartar was to die for. laugh.gif

Lesson learned: The only thing as bad as a 'hoo football fan is a basketball one. crazy.gif

They have a solid team (still undefeated) and handed Auburn their first loss. MY QUESTION: how bad do you think VT will have it in ACC basketball this year?

Will it be as bad as every UVa fan expects? Please say no. frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]

MY QUESTION: how bad do you think VT will have it in ACC basketball this year?

Will it be as bad as every UVa fan expects? Please say no. frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tech will take their licks this year in the ACC but give them a couple of years and the recuiting classes will start to improve and they will do fine.

As far as UVA they will win a game here and there but i would say with the ACC being loaded this year that they will have just as hard of a time as VT.

Maybee not AS hard...but they wont be in the top of the ACC im pretty sure of that..>GT,UNC,DUKE,WAKE,all 4 are very very tought teams. All are undefeated so far except WAKE which got handed there first loss by 3RD ranked Illinois Wed. nite i think, but newayz back on topic. UVA will have a better record than tech but will have just as hard of a time getting it.

Once the ACC conference schedule starts for VT it's gonna be ugly. I went to the VT vs. Chattanooga game Thurs. and VT barely come out on top. They have very little inside presence and will have to rely on their perimeter play too much. However, Coleman Collins did not play as well as I saw him play last year. They did surprise me in football this year though, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.