A bitter sweet farewell for Bluefield fans...

Bluefield_Rules

I usually don’t post things in this manner, but excuse me just this one time.

The Beavers finally got their state championship on Friday night, but we also said goodbye to maybe the best football class in school history. The fifteen seniors on this year’s team just might be the best senior football class to ever don the Bluefield jerseys. Those guys have played heavy minutes, many starting freshman year, and have grown and continually gotten better. They play with a fire and passion matched by very few and a determination and dedication exceeded by none. They played for one another and wanted to play their very best for one another. They call themselves brothers and that was always noticeable on the field.

They have not only excelled on the field, but in the classroom and that’s the way it should. They’ve set a very high standard for all future Beaver senior football class to strive for and desire to achieve. This was the case with or without winning a state title, the title is simply icing on the cake.

I don’t know if any of those guys read this board or not, but if they do I want to say thank you. It has been a privilege watching you the past four years grow into what you have become, state champions. You deserve it if ever any team did, congratulations and good luck with your futures.