richlands jv team gets enialated by the beavers

richlands05

[ QUOTE ]

None of them will probply start....maybe except for rusty

its going to be repass,matthews,moore,coeburn and some body else

[/ QUOTE ]

Gilliard said in the paper the starting five would be Repass, Moore, Matthews, Coeburn, and either Perude or Powell at PG...

[ QUOTE ]

He did get a td catch in the championship game though

I wouldnt be suprised if we won state this year with this team.....i mean i think we have a decent shot.....u?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have to watch them a couple of times before I have a feel for what they're capable of...

[ QUOTE ]

They made it to the quarter finials last year. They got beat by winfield didnt they? we lost bogart,jefferies,patterson and some other stand-out players

[/ QUOTE ]

They lost to Lincoln by two in the state semi-finals. The entire starting five graduated: Wade, Mariotti, Patterson, Jeffries, and Bogart. I expect Beaver to challenge for the AA title, just as they have for the past ten years of being in AA. In the last ten years Beaver has won two state titles, played in three other state title games, and made the state semi-finals three other years.

I don't know just how good the current team will be. A lot will depend on how much Moore and Matthews have improved since last year. Those two, along with Repass, will be Bluefield's "Big Three." The addition of Repass will help take some of the load of Moore and Matthews, but those two still must produce solid numbers if Bluefield is going to seriously compete for a state title.