Region 2D power points

swva_havok_fan

Wasn’t Havok’s fault a s w district a d told his friend the system but not the entirety. Mountain 7 is 1-4 top (Abingdon is 3A and as such goes to their region off points) Grayson county boys and girls play in Mountain empire tournament and district reg season. They have to be eligible to contend for a Region.  When southwest season is over they will use a point system.  The afore mentioned. 1,2,3,4,5 for loss going a aa aaa aaaa aaaaa. And for wins 3, 6,9,12,15 for wins.... divide the total number at end (presently believed to count Mountain empire and s w district tournament if you get a bye you get +6 (if it’s 2A) ) Grayson has only lost to Radford and George Whythe. They beat 4A Carrol County for 24 points (equivelant of 4 2A wins)  but lose a lot of points with a lot of 3 A point wins and one 1 point for single A loss to G dub....

Graham has S W1 locked then you have Marion, Lebanon, Richlands competing, one of those teams will lose a spot to Grayson due to out pointing them.

SW 4 at Gate City M7 1

SW 3 at M7 2 (Union?)

M7 3 ( battle? central? ) at S w2 

m7 4 (central battle?) at Graham 

then you go to Wise for semis and finals I believe ?

Grayson is in MED because of travel and more importantly enrollment....the last VHSL figures from spring 2016 have them at 532......they are under 500 as of right now and look to be around 450-60 when HS opens next fall.  Shocking when 10 years ago the had enrollment of 675+.  They are right where they need to be enrollment and travel wise

39 minutes ago, BrotherNero said:

Wasn’t Havok’s fault a s w district a d told his friend the system but not the entirety. Mountain 7 is 1-4 top (Abingdon is 3A and as such goes to their region off points) Grayson county boys and girls play in Mountain empire tournament and district reg season. They have to be eligible to contend for a Region.  When southwest season is over they will use a point system.  The afore mentioned. 1,2,3,4,5 for loss going a aa aaa aaaa aaaaa. And for wins 3, 6,9,12,15 for wins.... divide the total number at end (presently believed to count Mountain empire and s w district tournament if you get a bye you get +6 (if it’s 2A) ) Grayson has only lost to Radford and George Whythe. They beat 4A Carrol County for 24 points (equivelant of 4 2A wins)  but lose a lot of points with a lot of 3 A point wins and one 1 point for single A loss to G dub....

Graham has S W1 locked then you have Marion, Lebanon, Richlands competing, one of those teams will lose a spot to Grayson due to out pointing them.

SW 4 at Gate City M7 1

SW 3 at M7 2 (Union?)

M7 3 ( battle? central? ) at S w2 

m7 4 (central battle?) at Graham 

then you go to Wise for semis and finals I believe ?

Lol.  I think I know who you are. Delete! Delete! Delete! Delete!

giphy.webp

Am I the only one who feels like mass confusion has occurred every year over regional basketball seeding since they started this new formula? We're into the final week of the regular season and seemingly not one person knows how Grayson Co. will factor into the regional bracket.

I've said this for years but, why can't we have a points system like we have for football? Could an athletic director or group of athletic directors not keep up with points for teams in our region and then seed accordingly? Seems to me this would also boost attendance at basketball games. As it is now, unless it's a district game you are just playing for pride.