Point about Marcum and Muncy

Tid_Bit

There is no question Marcum is better than Muncy. They are both great players but I think Marcum can defend the run and pass better than Muncy. He has the lack speed but reacts to the ball well.

And another thing, I have no idea what the other teams game strategies were, but when we played Tazewell, we did run up the middle quite a bit with Looney, to the outside with Garon. We didn't really run around Muncey and Cleaver, like most teams do with Marcum..I'm just saying, if you look, most big plays that were broke on Grundy were passing plays, not runs up the middle..And there weren't that many big plays broke on us period.

My case in point: If you look at the game film, we gave up 39 points against Richlands, and I don't believe one TD was scored by running up the gut, as Richlands did later on in the season, 21 points were scored on 2 passes and a punt return, and the other 2 TD's were on option's?

Tazewell game, go back and look at the game film..I think Saunders threw a bomb for a TD, and they ran it down our throats for a good old fashioned 3 yards a carry apporach and got a TD...Yes, that one score and 6 points against VA high were all that was scored against us up the middle to my knowledge, so you know that teams had to plan around Marcum.

[ QUOTE ]

so you know that teams had to plan around Marcum.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, sir, and if that's not a testament and respect for his abilities out there on the field, I don't know what else could be.

• 2 weeks later...

There is no way that Marcum is better than muncey if u watch the film in the grundy tazewell game u can see the smallest guy on the field man handles arron marcum all night long. The center 5'9 175 lbs. There is not one team that muncey didnt have a good game against this year.