Tazewell,Buchanon,Dickenson CLOSED?????

Blues_56

Yep, that black ice is a bizitch!!! Hit some going around a curve on my way to work this morning...couldn't see it, road was wet from the bit of rain we've had. Fortunately, I skidded off the ice back onto pavement and got control...otherwise, Mr. Guardrail was standing there waiting for me if I hadn't! shocked.gif

I got out this morning at 730am and was going to head over to Sonic to grab some breakfast, got down to the bottom of my street and there were two wrecks and a third happened while i was sitting at the stop sign...and this is just a back road? So i turned around and opted for cereal this morning...lol.

I live close to the middle school and high school in Tazewell and it was really very bad as far as black ice goes...with cars sliding all over the road it's not safe to have kids standing beside the road waiting on a bus...so I think it was a very smart call to close school today. It's not worth getting a kid killed over...better to be safe than sorry.

Side Note: We are supposed to have a "Major Ice Event" confused.gif here Fri night/Sat morning...we are right on the edge of the areas that could be hit, so you know we'll get pounded...you guys might want to do your weekend stuff a day early if you need anything.

Russell County was on regular schedule. Two of our teachers wrecked on their way to school this morning and two of our buses were about 45 mins late getting to school because of the roads. That sure was some great decision making. Wise and Scott Counties were on a delay, and Tazewell, Dickenson, and Buchanan didn't even go! And here we are on a regular schedule!

[ QUOTE ]

WTF....go to wvva.com and click on school closing..says Tazewell County Closed/Staff repot at 9a.m..lol...but why?..no gonna argue tho cause i dont mind a break ha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Closed for tomorrow by the way is wat i meant to say.

nah they have so many built in to the year and they will just lose their spring break...MLK day was a "make up day" that they missed...so no harm done, they just didn't make up a day.

Forget my earlier post about us being closed tomorrow, that has been changed it was a typo at wvva. We are on reg. schedule tomorrow tho i kinda thought after being closed the following day we are always on late schedule but it doesnt suprise me with which county this is so o well.

my car is glazed with at least 1/4 inch of ice...cant even open the door frown.gif I hate this winter crap...bad enough there is no football...now ice every time you turn around...I can deal with snow...but this ice has got to go.

I reckon this weekend its gonna be icy and perty ruff, then change to rain monday and tuesday with possibilty of a flooding event with the rain metin the snow and ground bein frozen and all. Usually how it happenes when we have winter floods.