I'd like to introduce myself...

CarMike

Hi guys. Hope you don't mind me introducing myself. Found this site while trying to find info on Bluefield football.

Anyways, I used to live in Bluefield a long time ago. Born in DC 1970. Moved to Bluefield in '72 where my family lived until '79. Went to Wade elementry till the 3rd grade. If my family had stayed in Bluefield, I would have been apart of your '88 graduating class. Once again my family moved, this time to North Carolina to be closer to my mothers side of the family.

My dad I have never stopped following the Bluefield Beavers. In '84 we made our way up the Charleston for the State playoff game, where Bluefield won. Can't remember against who. Cortez Martin, if my memorie is correct, ran all over that team. We made it up for the Weir game this past playoff season. Unfortunately I was one of the few that left the game with 4 minutes to go. Had a long drive home and I was freezing. While sitting in my car listening to the game, I realized the mistake I had just made by leaving. Couldn't believe the comeback I had just missed.

I'm an avid Redskins, Tar Heels, and #8 fan. I'm part owner in my own MB. Of course its Redskins related.

I hope to become a regular here. In the past i've followed the Bluefield Telegraph for Beaver news. Think I just found a better source.

Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself to you regulars.

Mike.