Bluefield Quaterback

beaverbaseball

As of right now Eric McClanhan who will be a Sophmore next year will be the Starting QB.

Some people think he doesn't have enough experince but I have played with him before and I think he has enough experince to be the Starting QB for the beavers next season

Rumors are that the Coaches have been tryin to get Adam Havens from Montcalm, who will be a Senior next season.

But they don't think he is going to make the transfer.

[ QUOTE ]

He's got some big ole' shoes to fill haha

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true. About some size 22 shoes haha

But I think he will do a pretty good job. Sometimes you just have to take a chance. And I think they should Put him as the Starter.

Look at Rusty, he became the Starter mid-way through his Sophmore season.

[ QUOTE ]

Rumors are that the Coaches have been tryin to get Adam Havens from Montcalm, who will be a Senior next season.

But they don't think he is going to make the transfer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think people are getting carried away with these transfer rumors. Anyhow, anyone with decent athletic ability could go to Montcalm and look like a blue chip prospect.

[ QUOTE ]

I think people are getting carried away with these transfer rumors. Anyhow, anyone with decent athletic ability could go to Montcalm and look like a blue chip prospect.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with you on this one. Just because the team might not be to good, doesn't mean they can't have a star QB

[ QUOTE ]

I saw havens play one time. He is a very excellent QB.. he can throw quick passes, throw the long ball. or run with it. He has decent speed...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why the Coaches have been trying to get him to transfer. But I really don't think he wants to so I doubt its gonna happen

Thats true. But he has played his whole life at Montcalm Schools and he would be leaving all his friends. I think some people go to Montcalm just so it will be easier for them to Start basketball. Because half of them know they wouldn't make it for Bluefield Basketball

[ QUOTE ]

i dont see why havens would want to stick around at montcalm, they got nothing going for them on the football field. I mean alteast bluefield has a decent shot at making playoffs, and maybe even to the championship...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the kid feels a sense of loyalty to the school and the teammates he has grew up with. If the kid wants to stay at Montcalm and continue to help them build something there then I certainly commend him on that. It won't be much longer before Montcalm is consolidated into Bluefield anyway...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

We would prolly move back up to AAA if Montcalm was Consolidated with us.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably the biggest reason plans for such a consolidation haven't gotten serious yet...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea I really don't know if we can compete with some of the AAA schools anymore in some sports.

I dont think combining montcalm and bluefield would be good for obvious reasons.....

But from this sites enrollment montcalm has about 160

and bluefield has about 500..... I dunno if we could all fit in that school... I mean most rooms are crowded anyways...

[ QUOTE ]

I dont think combining montcalm and bluefield would be good for obvious reasons.....

and bluefield has about 500..... I dunno if we could all fit in that school... I mean most rooms are crowded anyways...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well this might surprise you but actually Bluefield has 696 students.

http://www.greatschools.net/modperl/browse_school/wv/491/

Montcalm has 334 students

http://www.greatschools.net/modperl/browse_school/wv/504/

This would give Bluefield High 1,030 students. And let me tell you it would be one croweded mofo up in that school. lol

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That school has held a much larger number of students over the years then current 700 or so it houses now in grades 9-12.

It would be difficult for Bluefield to compete with the bigger, athletic elite AAA schools every year and rightfully so with such a wide gap between the biggest and smallest schools in AAA. However, Bluefield could more than hold their own in most years with the majority of AAA team. Regardless, unless the population of Bluefield suddenly explodes again then the best thing for Bluefield is to remain AA.

It would be very very crowded but we could find a way to fit because as one of the Coaches said earlier this week, when he went to school at Bluefield there was 1400 students in the school. And it was the same buidling we still go to school in

[ QUOTE ]

It would be very very crowded but we could find a way to fit because as one of the Coaches said earlier this week, when he went to school at Bluefield there was 1400 students in the school. And it was the same buidling we still go to school in

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield is in bad of need of a new state-of-the-art and bigger cafeteria as well as a few other things. The school is 48 years old this year...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes we do, and I think it would be a easy proccess to do.

All you would have to do is move the wall on the right out so it expands onto the field