Bluefield Quaterback

beaverbaseball

I haven't mentioned this yet and its my fault because I just didn't remember but Caleb Yearout also was QB intill this last season. He saw where McClanhan had a chance to start over him so Yearout moved to WR. So there's a slight chance they might bring the upcoming Junior back into the QB action. But personally I think that McClanhan will fill the QB position when things come down to business.

is the McClanahan kid's dad named Jackie that graduated in 86?? i use to hang out and run around with jackie alot and if thats his dad, im sure the kid is just like him, meaning tough as nails and a great athlete..regardless of who the qb is, they have big shoes to fill and high expectations to surpass and best wishes for whomever it is

[ QUOTE ]

is the McClanahan kid's dad named Jackie that graduated in 86?? i use to hang out and run around with jackie alot and if thats his dad, im sure the kid is just like him, meaning tough as nails and a great athlete..regardless of who the qb is, they have big shoes to fill and high expectations to surpass and best wishes for whomever it is

[/ QUOTE ]

His dads name is Jack so they might have used to call him Jackie, LOL

[ QUOTE ]

If Ansel Ponder will play next year our hole at receiver will be solved and then some.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't know about that. He definalty has the Speed and the height. But really the main thing you have to have is the Hands. And trust me Ansel Ponder does not have hands when it comes to catching a football.

[ QUOTE ]

What about running back and wide receiver for Bluefield next year?

[/ QUOTE ]

From the looks of it Jerome Powell will be the starting running back unless Marcus Hayes from p-town decides to transfer. As of Wide Receiver I can't make a prediction but I can tell you It won't be Ansel Ponder. (A RUMOR is that the Garder twins of p-town are transfering and if they do, well then there is your WR)

[ QUOTE ]

Rumors are that the Coaches have been tryin to get Adam Havens from Montcalm, who will be a Senior next season.

[/ QUOTE ]

a word to the wise watch how u word thatt cuz that is technically recruiting. im not accusing bluefield of recruiting because like u said it was a rumor, but im just saying watch how u say that.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Rumors are that the Coaches have been tryin to get Adam Havens from Montcalm, who will be a Senior next season.

[/ QUOTE ]

a word to the wise watch how u word thatt cuz that is technically recruiting. im not accusing bluefield of recruiting because like u said it was a rumor, but im just saying watch how u say that.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is only a rumor and if Bluefield was recruiting we would already have plenty of stars

Isn't it Illigal to recruit in high school tho?

Because I know the team In California that won like 170 games in a row recruited every season

[ QUOTE ]

It is only a rumor and if Bluefield was recruiting we would already have plenty of stars

Isn't it Illigal to recruit in high school tho?

Because I know the team In California that won like 170 games in a row recruited every season

[/ QUOTE ]

yea its illigal to recrut in west virginia and the high school in california (De La Salle) is a private school and a all boys school and play teams in louisanna, and all over the country kinda like oak hill academy. yea they do recruit but the recruiting rule is a ssac rule. if your a private school in west virginia and arent associated with the ssac you can recruit all you want and still play teams in west virginia but you cant play in the playoffs. you need to learn your rules.

I really don't see any benefit in bringing a senior to play QB next year when you have a talented rising-sophomore capable of playing QB. Throw him into the fire next year, let him gain experience, and the next two years he'll excel much like Coeburn did.

[ QUOTE ]

I really don't see any benefit in bringing a senior to play QB next year when you have a talented rising-sophomore capable of playing QB. Throw him into the fire next year, let him gain experience, and the next two years he'll excel much like Coeburn did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly what im saying

I have conformation today that Rusty will sign a letter of intent to West Virginia Wesleyn later this week. It looks like Lucas Stone might be going with him to WVW.

This information came from Coach Simon and Rusty so it is correct