Freshman Wrestlers

wavefan075

They are all pretty good. Kaleb Smith is at 130, I look for him to be a stud in the upcoming years. If he can beat the Shank kid from TA, he could win state. He has had a few problems with making weight, but he looks to have that sorted out. Morgan Owens will be good. Mark my words on that. Give him a year of experience, and a little muscle, and he will be a hoss. Demarco Owens is tough. He is a kid that will wrestle 171 all 4 years. He is a natural 171 pounder, he doesn't have to cut weight. Josh Lee is good, he is on the B team right now, but let him put on some muscle, and he will be alright. Brandon Hankins is who I am the most impressed with. He beat a New Jersey reject at the Meat Grinder, and barely lost to Jessee Riggleman's little brother. The best classes are yet to come though, there are some tough kids in the 5th-8th grades right now. But once again it will be tough to comepte with the Chritiansburg/New Jersey and Cali recjects/Radford/Roanoke area/who knows where else they get their B teamers at Blue Demons.

Well, from what I have seen of the wrestling I think out of all the freshman that you named Kaleb Smith is the best. He defentally will be the a stud like you said in his next couple of year. Going undefeated at the duals is a pretty tall order for a freshman. Brandon Hankins is pretty good also. He is probably the 2nd best freshman. The other freshmen on the team arn't proving themselves as well as Hankins and Smith are.

Kaleb is good, but he has yet to prove to me his consistency. If he can get the weight cutting deal lined out, he will be a force. He kinda puts me in mind of Jake Stacy..But anyways, Hankins is probably the most underrated kid in the state, and let Morgan Owens work out the jitters, he will be tough. The same with Demarco and Josh Lee.