teacher at dudley

blues88

Did anyone see the news on channel 6 tonight? A teacher at Dudley elementary was arrested on 4 counts of aggravated sexual battery. That is a primary school dealing with k-3 grades, it takes a sick individual to do something like that.

[ QUOTE ]

How could this happen in tazewell county?did these school official's not know this was going on?Or is this just another case of TC.motto( Bury the Hatchet-in someones back) confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

First, don't be naive enough to think things like this don't happen here. Second, do you think if the school officials had known it was going on that it would have been allowed to continue?

You would think that if someone worked for you for 10 or 12 years that you may know a little about them. Maybe their were warning signs maybe not? I wonder if he had ever been in question before or was this summn new? Does anyone know how it surfaced? I was told he turned himself in but why would he? How would you know that you had been accused?

You have to remember that the children we're dealing with here are K-2nd grade students. It's really easy for an authority figure to exhort power over them and make them believe that they themselves are in the wrong for what’s taking place. Think back to when you were that age; didn’t someone in a position of authority at school intimidate you? I'm sure this sick individual played the power card extensively with these children. Sex crimes aren't about sex, but they're about power.

There are several misconceptions in this case. First, the Town Of Tazewell police arrested him not Wythe County officials. The reason Wythe county is involved is because Dennis Lee asked to be dismissed from the case because Warden's wife is involved in the political system in Tazewell County. As far as Tazewell County officials being unaware of the situation, according to the newspaper he has been under investigation since 2002 by the D.S.S. So, I think land_rider asked a pretty decent question. He wasn't being naive, just concerned!!!

The poster land_rider asked, "How could this happen in tazewell county?" My reply to that question was for him not to be naive enough to think things like that couldn't and didn't happen in this area.

He might have been under investigation since 2002, but in order to file charges or before a D.A. will file charges he has to have enough evidence to present a strong case. So apparently, he didn't have a witness willing to testify or not enough creditable witnesses to testify.

He graduated from Graham. He has been a counselor for 35 years. I have a child that is in high school and one that is at Graham Intermediate. The news is very shocking as neither of my children have ever had any problems with him or know of any of their friends having problems. Mr. Warden is very nice to all of the children. He turned himself in because the police gave him the courtesy of calling him at school to tell him they had a warrant for him. He did not want the children being exposed to his arrest. Guilty or not? I certainly hope not! I'm sure he has done nothing to either of my children and they both think highly of him. Several teachers have made comments to me that they don't believe the charges. However, if the courts have proof of his guilt, I hope he pays. If not, I hope he survives the accusations without suffering. But, truth is, even if he is innocent, his reputation is ruined for life. Unfortunately, if a student or parent made the charges up because they were upset with him (for other reasons), they have fried him good.