WHO WINS SWD AND WHY

hamil76

As much as it pains me to say it, the G men will probably win it.(GO BEAVERS) Alvis, Elswick, Williams, and Remines are talented seniors and the Murray kid who moved from Tazewell gives them a solid second starter, something Graham has never had. I know Big Lou was high on him in Tazewell. He pitched a lot for them before he got sick last year. Graham will be strong up the middle defensively and that is very important. Speed will be there too. Overall, could be the best team they've ever had.

You can have a great defensive team but if you cant score then thats a problem...not sayin that it wat they will have but im just wondering how the starters bats were last year and who might be the best hitter for them this season?

[ QUOTE ]

tazewell wins it because for the seniors they have never won the district tourney and they will be hungrier to win it.

[/ QUOTE ]

TAX what does that mean ///how about last year.....State appearance... back-2-back yrs in State, we have been there done that and we know what it takes to get the job done. This year in baseball is another toss up, and I like it cause it makes everyone work harder and will be like all the other sports in the SWD this year----unpredictable----.

My bad there juicebox i thought we were talkin about basketball. But as far as baseball goes, i think it really is a toss up between T-Town and Richlands. Not to count out Graham but ive been watchin teams play as long as i can remember and i can never remember them winnin the BIG GAME. I dont know anything about Carroll so ill just say i dont excpect them to win it.LoL

[ QUOTE ]

You can have a great defensive team but if you cant score then thats a problem...not sayin that it wat they will have but im just wondering how the starters bats were last year and who might be the best hitter for them this season?

[/ QUOTE ]

The few Graham players mentioned are all-around players. Elswick and Alvis are the two best, in my opinion of watching them play since the mound was 40 ft. away, and they can hit it just as well as they can field it, or in Mike's case, pitch it. Remines is your perfect defintion of a scrappy fielder, and when he's not in a slump, jake can find the open spots on the diamond. Bring in Jason Williams, who has worked on the little parts of his game since tee-ball , Murray who can definitely ball once he gets over his nerves, and a few other players.... and Graham might, for once, have a nice winning season.

Just don't judge their talent on how their field looks. . .

I also hear that Casey is the #2 pitcher down at Tech, so good luck for him there.

• 3 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

i really hope the blues bring back the trophy this year, i feel the Brad Strong Syndrom, (not beating Tazewell in a big game since him being there) is gone with the retirment of Big Daddy Lou

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure I could find it elsewhere here, but I'm too lazy to do so.

Who's taking over for old Lucifer Peery in T-town this year?

you all talk like Mike Alvis cant field worth a darn either.....he is pretty good at outfield when hes not pitchin....he has speed and heighth to jump up and get those fly balls by the wall....he also palys solid first base....

Mike is a solid outfielder but pitching is more his fortee i think, but if i'm not mistakin he made all region team if im not mistakin? the reason he plays first at times is because of the long throws you have to make from center is tough sometimes after throwing a 85 pitch game a day or two before

yeah......but you are right he did get all district.....im not sure about regionals......for his outfielding abilities....he has a cannon of an arm....and if he has rest but hes not pitchin hes a great outfielder....he is just a great all around player..

[ QUOTE ]

yeah......but you are right he did get all district.....im not sure about regionals......for his outfielding abilities....he has a cannon of an arm....and if he has rest but hes not pitchin hes a great outfielder....he is just a great all around player..

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike did make all region and he also made all state i believe. he received a notice of all state and you have to make all region first and the only thing he made all region in was outfield.

i heard carrol isn't looking very strong this year. doesn't seem like there is high hopes in the words of their players and coaches. i know they lost 8 seniors or so but as large as that school is i thought they would pick up some young guys. Anyone know?