Girls Region IV tournament

Beamerball

Quaterfinals:

Lee High 49 Tazewell 43

Va High 57 Bassett 49

Semis....Feb. 23

Lee at Magna Vista

Va high at Carroll County

Looks like Lee and Va High are step closer to State, would be nice to see Lee High go back to state again in something...lol. Lee is definitely establishing a nice program in girls basketball, this is their 5th straight Region semifinal apperance and I believe its their 6th straight Regional apperance overall, all under Coach Ward. If they were to pull out a victory over Magna Vista somehow, then it would be the 3rd time to State in those 6 years. Speaking of Ward, since starting her career at Lee she now has a record of 106-48 overall, I believe, a pretty good record I must admit. Anyway, good job to both teams and good luck in the next games, hopefully both can represent the Highlands and the area in State.

Well it was another good season for Lee but once again MV was just too good. Good luck to them next season, same said for Va High also. Both teams should be competitive again next season.

Magna Vista 60 something?? Lee 29 (just seen another score that was a lot closer, but I believe the one I have is right)

Carroll 58 Va High 53 ???

...don't know exact scores just yet, keep hearing different scores...will try to get state tournament bracket posted when available.