Grundys Coach Retires!!

babyblue

Paper says he wants to put more time into other hobbies!! I guess you guys are GLAD?? or SAD?? It should be a good opportunitie for someone to come in and take over a team with some good players returning! Who is the assistant? Would he be next in line?

Well if he wants to win some games next year,whoever it is, first thing he should do is talk Garon into playing his senior year. That would be 20 points a game instantly, at least. Ive seen him score more than that on grown men not high schoolers.

This just in, Garon Marcum will definitely play if allowed.

I just walked into the living room and interviewd Garon, his response, and I quote, "I would love to play basketball for Grundy, I have always wanted to just not under the previous coach".

So Grundy fans keep your fingers crossed because he can do on the basketball court what he has done on the football court.

good...now lets hope they don't bring Larry Looney in...if I were Grundy I would bring in someone from outside of the area, possibly from KY...Ky is all about basketball and they could pick up a good young coach that knows the game and can teach the kids some things that have been missing...like...offensive plays and defense?

So long Stretch, I just hope he doesn't un-retire like he has done in the past....and please take Larry Looney with you.

That would be great to have an athlete like garon, he would help any team. But whose place will he take? Will he be accepted with that group.. Also, they are all seniors next year.. If a coach comes in with much discipline and a structured offense!! How can they adapt after playing street ball for 3 years? Much questions to be answered.. but finally, a chance to get those athletes out of the hall ways into the gym.. Its a definate plus for Grundy Basketball!! Also, Larry Looney, Greg Rife or Curtis Shortridge might be interested also? Maybe even Greg Rowe is a possible replacement. That is some of the talk as of now.

Time will tell!!

I think its a win win situation for all... Especially whomever gets the job. They will win, especially as weak as the SWD will be!!

I dont think they will go outside (to Ky)to get anyone but, that would be a definate good move... Thats not what they will do there (make a good move)lol! Maybe a Grundy teacher thats at another school!! you never know!! Also, I wouldnt think Goodman would be interested in the politics of coaching at Grundy. He has to much control where he is!

Oh, heres a news flash... Tom Rife is moving over to coach Bball and be AD as soon as Rowe moves to a nearby KY school... lol.. j/k.. all this makes interesting reading.. best of luck to all involved!! May the force be with you!! lol

Hopefully they will name someone soon to get things rolling!! If not..its almost football season!!

We won games this year its not like we had a bad year or anything! We will be much better next year only losing 1 senior but gaining Stephen back....but Garon will help us out alot since were a runing team unless some1 changes that grin.gif.

I think your new coach shouldn't change anything except give you 1)organized practices; 2)as many offensive sets as you can handle - and from what I saw last Thursday, you guys can handle a lot; and 3)a better idea of what defense is about. And I hope he knows when to call time-outs - your coach Thursday "burned" most of his in the first half. And maybe you can convince your Boosters to buy you Wilson Solutions or the Wilson NCAA balls instead of the Evolutions you are using.

Those Solutions feel a lot better leaving the hand than the Evolution does - you just won't believe the difference. Both our varsity and our jv practice with the Solutions; and our varsity has three or four WILSON SOLUTION NCAA basketballs on their ball rack. And the NCAA ball has become the game ball of choice in the 'Doghouse.