Just wondering

beaverbaseball

i always chalked it up to the ignorance of the public in our area about the sport. there was no way we could compete w/ football or even be allowed to practice/play on the same "hallowed" ground as the football field. soccer tears up football fields you know (b. s.) as for a real reason you got me. anyone else know?

ignorance is bliss, so the pigskin folk must be ecstatic. SOCCER DOES NOT HURT FOOTBALL FIELDS OR ANY OTHER FIELD FOR THAT MATTER! a week before CC's first 2004 football scrimmage a team of brazilians came to show kids how to play soccer, to share their testimonies about God (they were missionaries), and to play an exhibition match. it almost didn't happen b/c the football coach didn't want us tearing up the field... B.S.! thanks to a higher power, though, the match took place... let's just say the brazilians won. (that spring CC JV soccer was warming up for a GAME and the football team came out, while we were warming up, and did some drill that required stomping in place. one corner of the field was ruined! how's that for fair?) sorry, just venting here mad.gifconfused.gif

I think it sucks that the "almighty Football Gods" think that their field is a place where no one else should play. I also thinks it sucks when people think that soccer is a 2nd class sport. Not many sports can say they have a true world champion. I also think it is funny that they think soccer is going to mess up their field when it is not the greatest to start with. Sorry I had to get that off my chest. grin.gifwink.gif

They would have made us practice on the college field, but we practices on it when it had rained a couple of days last week and it turned into a big pile of crap. That will be the only time they let us on the football field.

Thats because ya already have 2 football teams playin at M.S. and if the soccer team played on it that would be 3 teams in the same season and that field would be hell haha... Plus doesnt Bluefield play at East River Soccer Complex? If so I would rather play on that than a football field anyways.. And what someone said soccer teams dont mess up fields.. Depending on the weather it does.. All my goalie boxes last year were really muddy.. The worst was probably all the SWD fields and Abingdons..

2 spots, soccer wears down 2 spots on the entire field. and how hard is that to fix during off season anyway? rain is always going to affect field conditions. heck, who needs to play on football fields anyway? why is it so bloody hard to get decent soccer fields anyway? i wish some other areas would take notice of the complex in bluefield. now that's a pitch! who do we have to kill in order to get a field like that?

About the field, it takes so much money and time to keep it up. I know that ERSC is privately kept up, causing the price to play there absolutly massive. Also, they are constantly expanding, making the price skyrocket. Don't get me wrong, I would love more than anything for these great pitches to show up across the SWD, as well as Virginia and even America.