Who here has been Red Carded before?

BarraBrava99

I've never been red carded, but I did see a funny one once. At the Commonwealth games a few years ago i watched a game that was tied for the championship, and with about 30secs left the 'white' team took a shot and it was going in, but one of the players hit the ball out of the air, just like a goalie would, they got red carded, and the game went into shoot out where it ended 10-9 in the favor of the 'white' team. I can't remember the teams.

haha! that's great! i remember a story about a player (in college i think) who scored a goal and saw red for his celebration. i think it was awesome. after he scored his whole team started chasing him. he ran to the corner, pulled up the flag and held it like a machine gun, turned to his teammmates started "shootin'". his teammates reacted by all falling down like they were shot... unfortunately you can't disturb/damage the field like that, so off he went.

hahahaha.......that one is great.....i have gotten a red card in rec league before..i know what you are all thinking...oh wow rec league but it was quite funny......this other guy took my legs out from under me when i was on a breakaway and he chased down the ball to the corner so i chased him down and jumped up to block his clear....but lo and behold he passed it to the goalie so i just drop-kicked him right in the ankle..and off i went....

i was cautioned in highschool once, but it wasn't my fault (typical). it was against tazewell my junior year in '98. a bulldog player was dribbling away from his goal in the middle of the field when i stuck my leg out for a clean tackle... problem was my teammate was him chasing from behind. in the instant split second that i tried to tackle the ball away, my teammate reached through the guy's legs and toepoked it away from behind. the ball went up over my foot, so nothing was there for me but bulldog ankles. it was an honest play on the ball, but our fantastic official didn't care much and showed me the yellow. confused.gif... true story.

OUCH! normally i don't condone violence on the pitch. the world has enough as it is, but if this guy nailed you on a break he should have been the one to see red, and the drop kick to the ankles... well, sounds like he deserved it. haha!

I lead this travel team in cards a few years back in Bristol, I had 10+ cards in 15 or so games. In one tourney I got 3 yellows and 1 red in 3 games. 2 of the yellows were from me playin in the field and im so aggressive, but the red card I got i was goin for the ball while i was goalie and basically clipped a dude, i didnt see him but he acted like i killed him. The funny thing is the next game i broke a kids shin and nothing happened to me haha..

a couple years ago a kid on CC's JV team was sent off for tearing another players jersey. the thing was it was unintentional. he was chasing the guy with the ball and tripped when he finally got to the guy. he was going pretty fast so he tried to grab something before he hit the ground and broke something... he grabbed the other guy's jersey and RIP! off he went.

oh yeah, i forgot about that one. come to think of it, last year was the first year i didn't get a yellow card as a coach... er, i mean... lies! all lies! i've never coached a day in my life! and what is this carroll you speak of? this conversation is finished!

• 3 weeks later...

I have never had red but I’ve seen a few yellow... And only one I think was deserved. But I believe my most ridiculous one would have to be for asking for a ball from a none responsive ball boy... which escalated into yelling. So as I saw the yellow the reff explained that yelling at a ball boy is like yelling at a reff. Go Figure

Playing keeper, I came out for a ball and collided with the attacker. I slid and bobbled the ball. I was laying on the ground with a wide open goal, the attacker, Pulled his leg back to take the shot and I just grabbed his leg and pulled him to the ground. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.