Who will have the best offense next season (SWD)?

kave06

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is really hard to tell right now (kave06), but all i know is that richlands skill positions should be pretty tough this year{backs,recievers,lineman..}!! but it still hard to tell right now how good we are going to be, i guess we will see in our first two scrimages.

if grundy can iron out the offensive line, they have a good shot of being the best offense, they already have the best running back, and a good qb, with a few good younger receivers. the only problems i can forsee is the line play, if they can get a good, consistent effort outa the line, thell be really good.

I don't see nothing wrong with Richlands team, they are young and solid. Maybe back0ups on the o-line but they seem solid at the rest. Jennings will get over 1,000 yards and Crackin will get 10+ TD's. Should be explosive year for them.

Id say its really a toss up between Richlands and Grundy,Richlands's and the depth are going to play a factor again this season,but the loss of the one and only Biscuit worries me,maybe Gayheart can move over there and help out. Grundy's got Marcum,but like Wisecav said They need to get the O-line ironed out. Tazewell had my Vote for 3rd.

in the whole of swva? It take me a wjile to think of 'em. I'll try top 5.

1.thomas jones

2.julius jones

3.ahmad bradshaw

4.garon marcum

5.david scammel

aint that good at spelling but thats my top five of all time. At least thats all that ican think of right now. give me awhile and i revise my list.

I would have to go with:

1. ED Clark (stonega Stallion)uncle of thomas and julious

2.Thomas Jones (pv)

3.julious jones pv

4.travis clark (appy)

5.jeremy mcCommons (rlands)

6. ahmad bradshaw g-men

7. greg tester Hur

8. leonard graves g-men

9. dave scammel Gru

10.Brandon breeding r-land

leonard graves was a good running back BUT he went no where after high school....he is a nobody now....i havent heard his name in a LONG time.....and also ahmad is not that great YET....he is a very good back...but lets not jump the gun on saying he is one of the best....he has only been gone one year..

I can only speak about 1979-1985 and 1998-2004. 98-04 the best was Bradshaw. That kind of talent only comes around this area once every few years. 79-85 was Sandy Rogers of Richlands. He had the speed to get outside, the power to run inside, and the ability to hurdle over people.

All mentions RB's were very good. Here are some others that have been forgotten. Sandy Roger-Richlands. quentin Reed-Tazewell, Tony Palmer-Graham, Brian Beavers-Richlands, Bo Clements-Tazewell, Marcus Gilbert-Tazewell. These may not have been in the ranks of the Jones or Clarks of Wise county, but they were very good backs in swva.

[ QUOTE ]

Def. sandy rogers has to be in there. didnt go pro or nething but from my dad talkin he was a show to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

He really did put on a show. I think his size kept him out of the pros. He was built but not very tall. The pro backs were bigger in those days. He did have a pretty good career at Emory & Henry. He broke the D-III single season rushing record

[ QUOTE ]

All mentions RB's were very good. Here are some others that have been forgotten. Sandy Roger-Richlands. quentin Reed-Tazewell, Tony Palmer-Graham, Brian Beavers-Richlands, Bo Clements-Tazewell, Marcus Gilbert-Tazewell. These may not have been in the ranks of the Jones or Clarks of Wise county, but they were very good backs in swva.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brian Beavers was a horse. He just ran over people. Robbie Cruey and Johnny Knuckles were very good for Richlands too. I played with and/or against all 3 of those guys in midget league.

[ QUOTE ]

Yea i have heard about Cruey being pretty good in his day, reckon his football days has broke him down now with his knee and all, state made him retire from the State Police.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry to hear that. What's he doing now?

Graves was @ SVCC lastsmester.What about Travis Brown He has ot be in the top 20? Adam Davis and so on... and Matt Belcher from Twin Valley,he was a decent running back not that great but all and all I good one.