Who will have the best offense next season (SWD)?

kave06

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam was pretty good,Travis is my cousin so I seen him play plenty,if his grades had been a little better he could have gone somewhere and played college ball.My uncle talked about him going to Marshall at one point but you know how that goes.

See you all listed the ones from the virginia are im listing the ones from southern west virginia.

1.Curt Warne(pinville)

2.Donald Amaker(bluefield)

3.Amad Bradshaw(g-men)

4.Kenyatta Fidrell(Mt.view)

5.Greg Thomas(Mt.view)

6.Greg Vineyard(Mt.view)

7.Ross (beckley)

8.Anthony Hayes(princeton)

9.Tyrone Gillard(Princeton)

10. Tank Tunstalle(Wyoming East)

Adam davis was alright........but he hardly even played at emory as a running back. He had to play receiver. Definetily not in top 10. i never heard of matt belcher from twin valley. i usuall try to think of the 2000 yard rushers when i think of the top running backs....I can only think of about 4 or 5 to ever have 2000 in SWVA

Are you kidding me? Garon is going to be Grundy's top rusher of all time this year, on about 100 less carries. Coleman was bigger, and Scammell had a line that would put this year's Richlands O-line to shame. He also has the single season TD record, and has one year to have the single season rushing record. I would not doubt one bit that he has the YPC record also. So how can he not be at LEAST the best running back to ever come out of Grundy?

My top 10(Based on who I have saw play and/or heard about)

1. Ed Clark(Appy)

2. Thomas Jones (PV)

3. Juliues Jones (PV)

4. Ahmad Bradshaw (Gra)

5. Garon Marcum (Gru)

6. Brannon Breeding (Rich)

7. David Scammell (Gru)

8. Sugar Ray Graves (Gra)

9. Junior Coleman (Gru)

10. Quentin Reed (Taz)

Garon is not the best back to come out of Grundy. He is not better than Scammell. My god he had a 1000 yard season along with20 other backs inb the area. AW Looney in my opinoin was better than garon. dont get me wrong he is a good running back, but watch and see he will have about the same season as he did this year anothe 1000 yards. I dont mean to offend anyone but I dont think hi is in the top 3 to come out of grundy unless he proves it this year. his line will need some work. Again my list:

1. ED Clark(appy)

2.thomas Jones PV(3000 yards his junior year)

3.julious Jones PV (2000 yards)

4.Ahmad Bradshaw G-men (2000 yards)

5 leonard graves G-Men(1800 yards)

6.Jeremey McCommons Rich (1800 yards)

7.Travis Clark Appy(2000 yards)

8.Greg Tester Hurley (2000 yards)

9 Justin Hamilton Clint (1500) forgot about him

10 David Scammell Gru (2000) yards

Check out how many carries Garon had. He was averaging 10 ypc if not more. How many other backs in the area can say that? He will get the rushing record at Grundy(career) if his line, including myself, shows up to play. He will do all this on probably 150 carries less than Rutherford. In my mind, in the Rowe era at Grundy, which we are all familiar with, Garon is #1 and Scammell #2. If you give Garon Scammell's line, his numbers would be astonishing. Not knocking David, he was a hell of a ballplayer, but Garon is getting pretty much the same numbers, with a much smaller line, and a heck of a lot less carries. Oh yeah, who did Scammell share his carries with? What about Jr. Coleman? There was no AW Looney on those teams were there?

you tell 'em man. Im tired of telling people that garon is so good. but ill let you do the stat stuff. your better at it than i am. if yall can keep your act together garon can have one hell of a senior season.

Brannon Breeding of Richlands. In the 1992 season he rushed for over 100 yards per game, in 16 straight games. Also,15 of those games were with legal cleats, before anyone makes a comment. He could run over you and had the speed to go around. In the Salem game he put Marcus Parker ( former fullback at VA Tech) on his back as he ran over him. Parker was playing linebacker. I have viewed tapes of the entire season, that I purchased. We had some pretty good running backs in the Cleveland, Ohio area but I think Brannon could have played with them.

I THINK HURLEY WILL HAVE THE BEST OFFENSE NEXT YEAR I MEAN COME ON WITH KIDS LIKE ISAAC STACY SHANE JUSTICE AND ALEX PRATER COME ON, BUT FROM ALL THAT TALENT THE ONE PERSON I LIKE OT WATCH ISNT A RUNNINGBACK OR A FULLBACK HES NOT A QUATERBACK EITHER. HE WORKS JUST AS HARD AS THEM MAYBE EVEN HARDER. HES THAT 6'3 210 D END THAT ALSO PLAYS OFFENSE HE WENT FROM TACKLE TO CENTER LAST LEAR. HE DOMINATES WHO EVER HE GOES UP AGAINST I MEAN THAT BOY IS AWESOME AND HE LIVES IN THE WEIGHT ROOM AND YOU CANT FORGET ABOUT HIS PARTNER IN CRIME I GUESS YOU COULD SAY JUSTIN HALL THESE 2 ARE SIDE BY SIDE ON BOTH SIDES OF THE LINE THEY ARE REFFERED TO AS THE STRONG SIDE AND TO DESPITE HALLS STATURE HE MAY BE SMALL BUT HELL PUT YOU ON YOUR ASS. BOTH THESE BOYS WILL. BECAUSE WITH LINEMAN LIKE THESE TWO BOYS THATS ANOTHER GOOD REASON BACKS DO WHAT THEY DO BUT THE BIG MEN JUST DONT GET THECREDIT.

Mad Man, way to go awesome.....Hurley isnt in the SWD....thats what this thread is about....SWD best offense...geez...hes a smart one....read the whole title not just the part you wanna read...

Why is everyone talking about the running backs of the past my original post was, who will have the best offense in the SWD next year? Not who are the greatest running backs. Make another post for that and answer the question I originally asked.

You all have to be kidding, Garon Marcum above Brannon Breeding and Justin Hamilton. Its not even close Garon is a good running back but not in the top 10 all time southwest virginia.

just that it is mentioned and him still a JR says a lot though...next year will define who Garon Marcum really is...it's up to him to make his name...I think he's game myself.

we shall see.

Oh after the whole Va High thing at the end, I never updated Garon's totals for his 2004 junior year...so here they are (these are official from the stat sheets):

154 carries

1479 yards rushing

(9.60 yards per carry)

23 td

it was a good year...

dagone right it was. i just hope garon can get a good line going this year. that is the weakest part of the team in my mind. and i think if the o line can pull through garon can have an unbelievable senior season, if not, well hes going to be doing it on his own.

I have heard of Greg Justus. He is one of the best to come out of hurley . This guy is in the VHSL record books for most touchdowns ever in a game. I would definately be between Greg justus and Greg Tester. I think he played in the 60's or 70's

A lot of people said that grundy will have one of the best offenses in the swva. well if that is true just look where half the players use to play at hurley. where are most of them from hurley.So just think about where all the talent comes from hurley.