Mount View Football History

goldenknight6

[ QUOTE ]

poor coaching, imo

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. It all starts with a lack of coaching, which leads to no discipline, no concept of team work, and rarely any chemistry. Mount View probably has some of the most talented group of players in the state each year, but they don't ever mesh well as a team. That's very obviously if you've ever watched any number of Mount View games. When things aren't going well for them and they're losing, they begin losing their cool and fighting with one another or arguing with the coach.

I really thought Mount View turned a corner in 2003 by upsetting Tyler Consolidated on the road in the playoffs and coming from behind in the second half to do so. They then crushed Bridgeport in the quarterfinals at Princeton to reach the semi-finals against Poca. Unfortunately, an injury to their best player early in that game, when the game was still scoreless, sealed MV's fate.

However, this year MV was back to their usual selves. They didn't show up to play Shady and were routed by the Tigers. Then they blew a late lead to lose at woeful Logan, a team they had no business losing to. And they let some teams play them closer than they should have. Along the way though, they did play Bluefield tough (as usual) in the first game of the season. I'd love to see a Mount View team treat every game they played during a season like it was the Bluefield game. If that happened, they'd go undefeated and possibly win that elusive state title.

hello everyone i havent been on here in a while due to computer problems but now im back.

i talked to coach gravely's brother last summer and he said that this coming up year will be one of mt.view's best. they only lost 5 starters from last year if they can keep there focus they will be pretty good. i think wayne could be the early favorite for next year.