Beavers / Westside

tom

congrats to the Beavers on a great season...we still have the FOOTBALL championship...lol..i dont understand shooting 46 3's in a game but im behind the keyboard and not on the court,so what do i know? but im still proud of the Beavs and hey..we're still better than Weir in basketball too...lol grin.gif

I herd they shot 43, and and made 10....Thats terrible

We didnt even try to bring the ball down low though...very nerve racking...The good news out of the game was sophmore kyle hammond hit 2 big three's when we needed them..

But we really didnt even try to win that game if you ask me! But then again, the referee's didnt help us out much either...

Westside killed them inside, Rusty stayed in foul trouble most of the game from what I could tell and Matthews had no chance against their forwards. They simply backed him down every time down. Westside won because they were more fundamentally sound and Bluefield has no inside game. Good season, congratulations on the hark work.

The better team, and coach, won tonight. The Westside kids made the plays to win and the Westside coach coached circles around Gilliard. I was very disappointed to see Bluefield sit in a pathetic zone defense the entire night with absolutely no pressure, that isn't Bluefield basketball. I was also frustrated to see Bluefield jack up three after three after three, but when you aren't coached on how to effectively attack zone what else can you do?

Congrats to the departing seniors, thanks for all your hard work and dedication.

And please I beg a certain junior to get a set between now and next season. I've never been more frustrated watching a kid in all my life. A total lack of effort, awareness, and aggressiveness. As they say, come strong or don't come at all.

[ QUOTE ]

I beg a certain junior to get a set between now and next season. I've never been more frustrated watching a kid in all my life. A total lack of effort, awareness, and aggressiveness. As they say, come strong or don't come at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm......wonder who your talking about? smile.gif

Wow I'm hearing a lot of excuses after you guys just flat our got throttled by Westside!!!

[ QUOTE ]

but im still proud of the Beavs and hey..we're still better than Weir in basketball too...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure that Tom? The teams never played and you guys just happened to get matched up w/ a sorry team in the first round. We took Logan to the wire, and guess what, they too are playing for a state title just like the team that destroyed you!!! And I was dissapointed I didn't see anyone I knew from Blufield there. I stood behind the Bluefield section w/ my Weir 2004 State Baseball Champions shirt on haha and didn't see anyone.

[ QUOTE ]

Westside won because they were more fundamentally sound

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The better team, and coach, won tonight. The Westside kids made the plays to win and the Westside coach coached circles around Gilliard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, those sound like excuses... smirk.gif

Just got back from up state and just want to say congrats on what you have done Beavs. But I would have to say Coach Gillard took you guys out of the game by not letting you press and not letting you drive to the basket. I still say our guys could have drove to the basket more. I dont know what Gillard was thinking by shooting up all the 3's. But hey Westside is losing by ten right now. I got mad at some westside fans in the stands yesterday. So hey all I said was bring it next year. Congrats to the seniors. Also I hope that Repass is alright I seen him limping pretty bad. Hope to see him playing for the Herd next year. Congrats Beavs way to play your hearts out.

[ QUOTE ]

I stood behind the Bluefield section w/ my Weir 2004 State Baseball Champions shirt on haha and didn't see anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure you didnt see me? i was standing beside of my friend. Who had on a Bluefield Beaver AA State Champs shirt on..and a HUGE gold ring that says AA state champions on the side of it.

It was a great season, but on the other hand it was a tough loss. I am excited about Beaver hoops next year, we will lose some talent, but we have a few ready to step up. It was fun watching Kyle Hammond Friday night, popping 3's then blocking shots down low. I was pretty close to the floor, Mr. H. was PUMPED after that block!!!!! Thanks for a great season guys!! On to baseball...........