Highest Velocity Pitchers in SWD?

Now I don't know about Alvis throwing 87 he might throw around 84 or 85. Wills will probally be lucky if he can throw 81 and Williams well he doesn't really even need to be classified as a pitcher. If you wanna see some real pitching come watch us play.

I talked to Coach Campbell yesterday when he was working on the field. Radar Gun last week said...Alvis 87...Murray 85...Williams 78. Straight from the source. I saw Casey throw 88 last year and he's at VT now. We will definitely see some quality pitchers at Tazewell this year too....when Graham comes to visit!

Yeah well throwing 87 or 85 or whatever is fine as long as there's not a batter in the box. But when a batter steps in it's a different story you have to be able to throw that hard with a batter in the box.

[ QUOTE ]

Now I don't know about Alvis throwing 87 he might throw around 84 or 85. Wills will probally be lucky if he can throw 81 and Williams well he doesn't really even need to be classified as a pitcher. If you wanna see some real pitching come watch us play.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't wait to go down to tazewell to visit you all, it should be loads of fun.

Guest BB_TWEEDER

I know this is about the SWD, but they mentioned about radar guns. And as a Soph. in the BDD Turny Ryan Jones, from Haysi threw 85 mph.

Yeah they ten runed us in the coppinger but what happened in the other games that they played us I think we rocked alvis i think the score was 8 to nothing that just goes to show that graham can't beat us when it actually means something.

Yeah, the coppinger probably didn't mean anything since it is the only decent tourney around here, and it's pretty easy to rock a pitcher after you have already seen him in a prior game. We will get to see how well tazewell can do without the all star casey

Ur right yall r only talkin about SWD but in the Highlands district Nick Belcher of Abingdon throws in the upper 80's and Justin Grimm a sophomore from Virginia High hit 86 last week.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you seem really confident. Listen "tdogs" there isn't anything guaranteed at the beginning of the season. History doesn't mean A THING when the first ball is pitched. Tazewell has been not half bad in the past, but you all are and have been relying on one thing since he graduated, Wagner. Get past it!! He isn't here anymore, so get over it and play ball for yourselves. You better start learning more about other teams in district before you get to cocky, oh, wait, you all didn't even win the district last year. So if you are going to bark that loudly, than your bite had better be just as bad. Have a good season...

Well if i remember correctly we didn't pitch casey last year when you all played us down here we pitched brintle and you all couldn't even hit him and we still beat you so what is your excuse now??????

Upper 80's for Belcher? He might be able to throw a pitch 85 or 86 every once in a while...but upper 80's might be a stretch. But, who cares about velocity. If Belcher was throwing in the upper 70's he'd still get hitters out. Plus, there's no way that the Grimm kid can consistently throw it 86 mph.....maybe he will down the road, but not now. But, dont get me wrong, im sure he will be a really good pitcher. my point is that velocity is not that important.