Who will stay, and Who will Go???

WIll the Cards win it all?  

1. 1. WIll the Cards win it all?

UNC showed everyone they were the best team in the country this season. But what about next season. Who will stay and who will go?? McCants has already said he is going to go Pro and May has said he is sticking around but they said that decision might change. As for Williams and Felton we will just have to wait and see. What do you all think

McCants Will Declare, Other Heels Could Follow

By Andy Britt - Inside Carolina

Date: Apr 5, 2005

ST. LOUIS -- As North Carolina began its national championship celebration, so too began speculation of which Tar Heels will be heading to the professional ranks following this season.

Three seniors -- Jawad Williams, Melvin Scott and Jackie Manuel -- will graduate this spring, but four additional Carolina players are also on the NBA Draft radar.

"I think each player has to look at it individually," Roy Williams said Tuesday morning on ESPN. "I'll sit down with a few ... I know Rashad has already made the decision -- he will be going into the NBA."

[ QUOTE ]

Rashad McCants

"Yeah, it probably is [my last game]," McCants said in the locker room, explaining that he will hold a press conference in a few days to make an announcement.

"I've known for a while that Rashad would leave," Sean May said.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Raymond Felton

"I'm not thinking about it right now," Felton said postgame. "I'm going to enjoy this moment and then me and my family will sit down. Whatever's best for me, I'll do. Of course, if I were in the lottery …"

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Sean May

"I'll sit down with my father and make a decision," May stated after the win. "Raymond could have an opportunity to leave. The big fella', Marvin, might leave, so there's no telling what might happen."

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Marvin Williams

"I'll sit down and talk to Coach about it here pretty soon," Williams said in the locker room. "I've got to do what's best for me. If it's best for me and my family to stay here, then I'll do that, but if I have to leave I'll do that, too."

[/ QUOTE ]

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/366809.html

[ QUOTE ]

they said that decision might change

[/ QUOTE ]

Whose they, the media? Sean May has said since very early March he was coming back, he reaffirmed that decision at the celebration last week. I believe I'd put more faith in the words of the actual young man than I would the media and those people trying to sell papers, get hits for their websites, etc.

As I said somewhere else, everyone could say they were coming back and the media would still speculate that they were going to leave until the deadline passes. I'm amazed at how much more the media knows about people than the people know about themselves.

Leaving: McCants, Felton

Staying: May, Williams

McCants to Leave UNC, Apply for NBA Draft

53 minutes ago Sports - AP

By The Associated Press

North Carolina found out about the first of its four underclassmen who could leave school early. Rashad McCants, the second-leading scorer for the national champion Tar Heels, said Wednesday that he would apply for the NBA draft and skip his senior season.

AP Photo

Coach Roy Williams said McCants had his "complete support" in making a move the two began discussing in January.

North Carolina fans are still waiting for the decisions of juniors Sean May, the Most Outstanding Player of the NCAA tournament, and Raymond Felton and freshman Marvin Williams.

Three other players said Wednesday they have applied for the draft.

Florida guards Anthony Roberson and Matt Walsh will apply for the draft but will not hire agents, meaning they could return to the Gators for another season.

Indiana guard Bracey Wright, like McCants, said he will hire an agent.

Other prominent underclassmen who have declared for the draft include national player of the year Andrew Bogut of Utah, Charlie Villanueva of Connecticut, Ike Diogu of Arizona State, Kelenna Azubuike of Kentucky, Nate Robinson of Washington and Carl Krauser and Chris Taft of Pittsburgh.

Players must apply for the draft by May 14. If they don't sign with an agent they can withdraw their name by June 21, one week before the draft is held.

McCants was joined by his parents for the news conference that made official what was expected for more than a week. The day after the Tar Heels beat Illinois 75-70 for their fourth national championship, Roy Williams said he expected McCants to head for the NBA.

The 6-foot-4 swingman's scoring fell from a 20-point average as a sophomore, but his all-around game improved. He took fewer shots, increased his assist total and played better defense.

"This is a youngster who sacrificed in a lot of areas to help his team, and I think that speaks volumes," Williams said.

McCants finished with 1,721 points, 14th in school history.

Felton has said he has made his decision but isn't ready to announce it, Williams has said he is leaning one way and May  who has said he plans to stay to school  now says he's not sure.

If all four leave along with seniors Jawad Williams, Jackie Manuel and Melvin Scott, the Tar Heels will lose their top seven scorers.

Roberson, the second-leading scorer in the Southeastern Conference last season at 17.5 points a game, agonized over whether to turn pro last year before deciding to return to Florida. He finished second in SEC player-of-the-year voting but he struggled in two NCAA tournament games, going 4-of-23 from the field, including 1-of-12 from 3-point range.

"Whether he's a first- or second-rounder I think will depend a lot on how his individual workout goes and who else decides to come out," Gators coach Billy Donovan said.

Walsh led the Gators in 3-point accuracy, hitting 42.6 percent, and finished second on the team in scoring at 14.6 points per game.

He told Donovan that he plans to return to school if he is not projected to be a first-round selection.

"I think he feels this is his opportunity to find out what he needs to improve and where he needs to get better going into this season, as well as find out what NBA general managers think of him," Donovan said.

The 6-foot-3 Wright led the Big Ten in scoring at 18.3 points per game as the Hoosiers finished 15-14 and missed the NCAA tournament for a second straight year. He ends his career 15th on Indiana's all-time scoring list with 1,498 points.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=531&e=1&u=/ap/20050414/ap_on_sp_co_ne/bkc_early_draft_rdp

I'm starting to get a strange feeling that Marvin Williams will enter the NBA draft as well. I heard on Sportscenter today that he could be a top 3 pick and even jump over Utah's Andrew Bogut and become the #1 overall pick. I think that just might be too much for him to pass up.