Group "B":

Bluefield

Graham

Princeton

Tazewell

Posted: Monday, Apr 18, 2005 - 10:33:41 pm EDT

By JIM NELSON

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

BLUEFIELD - Bluefield and Graham renew one of the region's most tradition-rich baseball rivalries this Friday at 6 p.m., in the opening game of the 32nd annual Allen D. Coppinger Jr. Invitational Baseball Tournament at Bowen Field in Bluefield. The 16-game, eight-team event concludes on April 30.

Following the Bluefield-Graham contest, a tripleheader on Saturday, April 23 finds Tazewell facing Princeton (1 p.m.), followed by Richlands-Mount View and Grayson County-Summers County matchups.

Weekday doubleheaders will be held nightly, beginning at 5 p.m., April 25-28. On April 25, the twinbill features Graham-Princeton, followed by BLUEFIELD-TAZEWELL . Grayson County meets Mount View in the 5 p.m. opener on April 26, with Richlands-Summers County to follow.

On Wednesday, April 27, it's Bluefield vs. Princeton (5 p.m.) with the Tazewell-Graham game as the nightcap. Thursday's (April 28) action involves Mount View vs. Summers County (5 p.m.), with Richlands-Grayson County to follow.

After Thursday's games, teams in each group will be seeded 1-to-4, based upon tournament record. On Friday, the two fourth place finishers meet in a 5 p.m. contest to determine seventh place in the tournament.

Championship Saturday, April 30, begins with a 1 p.m. game between the groups' third place finishers, followed by a matchup of second place teams from both groups. The top-ranked teams from Group A and Group B will meet in the day's final contest with the Coppinger title on the line.

Jeff Boyles, Tony Colobro, Ergie Smith, and Glynn Carlock serve as co-directors for the tournament.

Who do you think will win this tournament and who will be the team to beat??

http://www.bdtonline.com/articles/2005/04/19/sports/02tuecoppinger.txt

[ QUOTE ]

I cant wait till we play tazewell

to see what all the fuss is about.. smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tazewell has a great team. And yes, they prolly do have a better team then we do but we can beat them if we play to our full potential. So don't doubt us come game time on monday

Tazewell isint the best team in the world. Just like every other team they have weaknesses. And i think some of it is being over confident. and thinking they can crush everybody.That would be where you come in!

Bluefield Hater!

[ QUOTE ]

Coppinger Tournament is the worst tournament possible to play in..Tazewell should not be in it..they should be in the Hawaiian Tropic

[/ QUOTE ]

You act like tazewell is one of the best teams in the country. Well wake up call for you, they AREN"T. Yea u all might have a good team but you are way to cocky and disrespectful. GROW UP MAN!

Well I mean I hope we win it, but Im not on here saying we are going to walk through it. Pedro is talking all the trash and I dont even know who he is. I think the Coppinger is a great tournament to have ran this long. So, he is talking on his part, not mine so dont get mad at me u all. I would post Tazewell's games, but then when my name pops up amongst the others; Im bragging for our team and myself. so.... Whatever...

Good Luck to those in the Tourney.

Tazewell scored their only run on a passed ball by the catcher. Princton had one runner thrown out at the plate early in the game and then had 1st and 2nd with nobody out in the 7th and then bunted, guy got thrown out at third and then a popout and a strikeout ended the game.

Ok well I want to restate Pedro's quote. He said that we are "garbage". Is that why this garbage team almost beat you all tonight.

We were up 6-5 going into the bottom of the 6th. They hit a solo homer of J.B. dobbins, to tie the game at six. Then they hit a pinch hit grand slam to make the game 10-6 and eventuall when we got out of the inning it was 12-6.

We had one last chance to make a rally. 2 outs came, only 1 man on and we started getting the bats working again. We had a couple of hits and made the score 12-9 and we had 2 men on with the tying run at homeplate but we just couldn't keep up the rally. We played a EXCELLENT game. Even though we didn't win I am really happy how we played.

And note to tazewell baseball team u all are the cockyiest people I ever seen

[ QUOTE ]

Ok well I want to restate Pedro's quote. He said that we are "garbage". Is that why this garbage team almost beat you all tonight.

We were up 6-5 going into the bottom of the 6th. They hit a solo homer of J.B. dobbins, to tie the game at six. Then they hit a pinch hit grand slam to make the game 10-6 and eventuall when we got out of the inning it was 12-6.

We had one last chance to make a rally. 2 outs came, only 1 man on and we started getting the bats working again. We had a couple of hits and made the score 12-9 and we had 2 men on with the tying run at homeplate but we just couldn't keep up the rally. We played a EXCELLENT game. Even though we didn't win I am really happy how we played.

And note to tazewell baseball team u all are the cockyiest people I ever seen

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish you guys could have brought them down a notch last night. They need it bad!