Southwest District

BlueFalcons

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have been to QB camp with Workman and Matthews and based on what I saw there Workman should have been playing all along!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of folks in Bluefield have felt the same way, but the one in charge didn't see it like that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to say that the one in charge knows a little more about the situation than lots of folks in Bluefield. If the folks in Bluefield really respected the one in charge they would never question his judgement. blush.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I have been to QB camp with Workman and Matthews and based on what I saw there Workman should have been playing all along!

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of folks in Bluefield have felt the same way, but the one in charge didn't see it like that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I would have to say that the one in charge knows a little more about the situation than lots of folks in Bluefield. If the folks in Bluefield really respected the one in charge they would never question his judgement. blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you don't know what you are talking about...some things you don't know in regards to this situation...definitely a case of the better player not getting the opportunity to play due to several circumstances, some football related, some not...wouldn't be suprised if he gets "overlooked" again this year even though he should be the "heir apparent" to the position...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, you don't know what you are talking about...some things you don't know in regards to this situation...definitely a case of the better player not getting the opportunity to play due to several circumstances, some football related, some not...wouldn't be suprised if he gets "overlooked" again this year even though he should be the "heir apparent" to the position...

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you are saying is that Carlock fell victim to politics in this situation????? I thought he was the god of all football in Bluefield. No wait.....thats Freddy. No.....wait......thats Dudley!LOL

[ QUOTE ]

No, I don't think he fell victim to politics. I think he's just too proud to change boats in midstream...and that ruffled a few feathers, that's all...

[/ QUOTE ]

To proud to change boats in mid stream????? IS this not a vhsl hall of fame coach we are speaking of???? Are you going to try to tell me that he would let pride get in the way of his good judgement??? Then why would he let Bradshaw run roughshod over his program for 3 years?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Then why would he let Bradshaw run roughshod over his program for 3 years?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only in the eyes of an outsider...

[/ QUOTE ]

Man the way you are talking down about the god of swvafootball and how he handles his business.....I would think you were an outsider!

Whatever happened, I think all of us are glad it's over so we can get back to winning. And make no mistake about this, last year was a one time thing. You SWD guys will find that out real soon.

[ QUOTE ]

Whatever happened, I think all of us are glad it's over so we can get back to winning. And make no mistake about this, last year was a one time thing. You SWD guys will find that out real soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

You guys are using the quarterback as an excuse. The bottom line is that the same quarterback led you to the state semi's the year before. Oh dont tell me that Bradshaw had a large hand in that and the quarterback didnt matter at all.LOL blush.gif

I think that Kevin really wasn't focused at all this past year and he played with no emotion at all. He didn't make good reads and the team payed for it. He fumbled the ball alot inside the red zone but he's not the only one that had a bad year. His position is the most important though. Ronnie "may" have done a better job but you don't know that for sure. He played well in the time that he did get to play and I for one know how it feels to have to play behind someone when you think that you are better that the starter but you have to deal with the decision of the coaching staff or go home and play the playstation. I think that people just felt that Roniie could do no worse so give him a chance.

the 40's were "ok" for the dawgs ... they need improvement

burtons soon to be senior leadership is looking prime as he takes control next year... angle and riddle have both gotten stronger (especially angle, kid is a moose) and riddle has improved his speed ... "pocy" is looking excellent in strength and speed ... thomas lewis is also coming on strong here lately, speed and strength wise ... they've also got some freshmen that look good ... a few benghing in the 200's ... but there is still a long time til' august ... i look for it to be a competitive year for everyone

[ QUOTE ]

You guys are using the quarterback as an excuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that the quarterback is supposed to be the leader of the team and he controls where the ball goes.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man the way you are talking down about the god of swvafootball and how he handles his business.....I would think you were an outsider!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, no. The way I see it, AB ran roughshod, as you put it, over EVERY football program in SWVA.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, no. The way I see it, AB ran roughshod, as you put it, over EVERY football program in SWVA.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt about that bro!!!!! However, his lasting legacy at Graham has and will continue to do more harm than good. Just watch over the next couple of years. This year was but a prelude to what his lasting legacy at Graham will be. ooo.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You guys are using the quarterback as an excuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Considering that the quarterback is supposed to be the leader of the team and he controls where the ball goes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes....than obviously in the 2003 season he knew where the ball was suppose to go. Or are you guys willing to admit that Bradshaw carried a sub-par team to a 10 win season? Basically the same team won 5 games last year. Does Bradshaw make graham 5 wins better this year? We will never know. blush.gif

Sub par, All of the success in that season was accomplished by the TEAM. Yes AB had a big role to play but saying one person carried a team thats crazy considering that there are 11 players on each side of the ball. One person can't beat 11. You can't give all the credit to one person the whole team deserves it.

Also everybody has a bad season but don't worry we will back next year.

The Bottom line on Graham is Coach Carlock commands respect from all other coaches he faces, He has had great success throughout his years and that isnt luck. Lets talk about the upcoming season and not second guess one of the great coaches in our area.

• 4 weeks later...

[ QUOTE ]

To proud to change boats in mid stream????? IS this not a vhsl hall of fame coach we are speaking of???? Are you going to try to tell me that he would let pride get in the way of his good judgement??? Then why would he let Bradshaw run roughshod over his program for 3 years?

[/ QUOTE ]What does roughshod mean forgive me i go to pocahontas lol

Main Entry: 1rough·shod

Pronunciation: -"shäd

Function: adjective

1 : shod with calked shoes

2 : marked by tyrannical force <roughshod rule

Main Entry: 2roughshod

Function: adverb

: in a roughshod manner <rode roughshod over the opposition>