Dook's Shavlik Randolph enters the NBA draft?!?!?

And I thought Pittsnogle entering the draft early was funny. This one takes the cake and goes down as one of the biggest bonehead decisions of all time in-terms of leaving school early. I mean the kid was bench most of the second half of the year and saw very limited action. I guess he decided this was a better route than transfering. One of the biggest bust IMO of all-time considering some people had him as the #1 player in the 2002 for a long time.

http://goduke.collegesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/051305aaa.html

Duke's Shavlik Randolph Declares Himself Eligible For The NBA Draft

May 13, 2005

Duke's Shavlik Randolph, a three-year letterwinner at the school, declared himself eligible for the 2005 NBA Draft that will be held on June 28 in New York City.

"I support Shavlik 100 percent," said Duke coach Mike Krzyzewski.

Randolph averaged 6.3 points, 4.3 rebounds and 1.4 blocked shots in 92 career games (36 starts) as a Blue Devil. He has a career field goal percentage of .506 (205-of-405). The Raleigh, N.C., native has been part of two ACC Championship teams (2003 and 2005) and one Final Four squad (2004) while at Duke.

Early entrants into the NBA Draft have until June 21 to remove their names from consideration to retain their collegiate eligibility.

Im a duke fan also. But he had expirance. So why would we start some freshman in his place?

Who was that kid that got player of the game during the McDonalds all-american game? wasnt he from duke?

This thing is pretty cool, you can pick 2 nfl football teams. and see what the score would be if they played.. pretty cool

http://www.whatifsports.com/nfl/default.asp

yes he has some experience, but josh mcroberts will play in his place - he was the mvp of the mcdonald's game, and he is the same size as shav, but much more athletic...also, he can score from more than 12 feet away - randolph leaving won't hurt duke - just more room to bring the freshmen along - the other one is eric boateng from england, and he is a better all around player than randolph too....and the pg - ron powlus - he will be a player in a year or so!!!

I'm a duke fan, and this is my take on the situation, Shavlik has been one of the biggest flops to come out of high school since like well who knows he's been awful but i really believe he is just testing the waters to see where he would be drafted, that is if he is selected at all, but he didn't get an agent so i am almost 100% sure he will be coming back to cameron next season. I dont feel he will start over McRoberts but he can be a big impact w/ the added depth he will provide.