Referee Bias In The SWD

AtrnyGnrl05

This year the refs have come out with many quirks about calling games, and also alot of bias. Graham has been taken the brunt of the abuse. Jim "Duffy" Ango has gone BEYOND bias and is actually throwing games away for Graham. Today Graham played CC and although person by person and play by play Graham should have won, they didn't. The goal int he 75th minute should NOT HAVE BEEN CALLED. The calls were HORRIBLE and I am still mad from seeing that. The "send-off" Duffy got from Graham was well deserved. All the SWD refs (Mandin, Randy, and Duffy) have been horrible and as a G-Men I am embarassed to have them in our area. Jim Ango has IMMEDIALTELY left EVERY game in order to get to his car before Graham rightfully shows him what they think of him. They are a disgrace. They should be fired for what they did today. Graham should be the SWD Champions. They are by far the better team. Also, by the rules, the tiebraker should have been used to determine who was to be the SWD Champs. Graham would have come out on top with their 2 goals to CC's 1 in regular season. Our refs are a pure disgrace. If there are any refs that view this forum. Tell Duffy what I said, and tell him that I ment it with every bone in my body.

ridiculous, i was at the game as a neutral observer, most of the members of the g-men showed very bad sportsmanship. granted, the refereeing was indeed very poor. BUT, ive been involved in the southwest district for more than a number of years, and the refs have always been at this level, and these players should realize that by now. the refereeing was very UNbiased until Graham started running their mouths, and it swung the calls the other way. graham did indeed play a very good game and had many chances, but cchs earned both of their goals and made the best of their opportunities, as it seemed graham could not, due to the great play of carroll's senior keeper. the calls didnt go graham's way at the end, BUT the refs didnt put a goal in, thats for sure. quit complaining graham, get your heads up, and accept defeat like the respectable school you are supposed to be. good luck to the swd regular season champs carroll and runners-up graham in the coming weeks.

How the mighty have fallen. Yellow card, then soft red for one player, and so on. The referees were calling evenly for both teams. They allowed a lot of contact. But when the Coach for Graham had to remind his team to be quiet after the game for displaying cursing and general poor sportsmanship that said it all.

See you in Carroll County this year G-men on a REAL sized field where athleticism and mobility count. And yes you did win there the first game so I guess you might hope to win there again. Notice I said hope.

[ QUOTE ]

good luck to the swd regular season champs carroll and runners-up graham in the coming weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe "technically" the two teams share the 1st place honor. today was just to decide who gets the home team advantage, though i could be wrong. which makes me wonder, if this is the case wouldn't graham also be guaranteed a spot in the regional tourney? confused.gif

Graham has accepted what happened today. We are close as a team, and are working hard to win the tournament. Graham will not lie down and take anything though. We have a great respect for the wonderful team CCHS has this year, and we have no quarrell with them, it is the overly suspicious and biased refs that have finally gone too far. Even through my ranting and raving I would like to congratulate CCHS on hosting this year. We were actually talking about how we like to play on your field because even we think our's is too small. It will be nice to play on a big field again.

I just found out that Duffy let the game run an extra SIX MINUTES. Carrol's goal was scored 5mins PAST regulation play. The refs felt they should have taken the liberty of adding extra time (until CCHS scored) because of the amount of substitutions. Graham had to sub because of Cramps, and the fact that the heat caused players to tire. Graham has a deep bench and they have the ability to sub who they wish when they wish. Today's refs were a disgrace.

it was also for the red card and the yellow and for the goal that was scored. it was not five minutes because i was keeping track. Maybe three mins. so get your facts straight and stop crying.

I'm not going to get involved with a quarrell between Graham and CCHS, you all won, that's fine. I'm not trying to change the game, i'm trying to get the refs to straighten up. I'm not angry about losing, it happens, and it'll be nice to play on y'all's field. The refs are the concern here, and no, it wasn't three.. it was six... for a fact. Official time record states 6mins extra.

I'm not sure where this should be posted, but I know that most players and teams in the district would like to play on more regulation fields with grass. At CCHS, we have been very well supported by our AD's and parents and have used the football field for many years. Otherwise we would probably be playing on a practice field that is by a creek and turns into a marsh in rain. I guess my point is are the AD's and schools using unlit, baseball used, or small fields really supporting their varsity players in soccer when they make them play on lesser fields? Anyone in soccer knows that our cleats do not tear up football fields. In preparing for regionals and beyond, shouldn't the teams use the best fields possible? Where are the athletic supporters to force the schools to support varsity soccer/football in the right to use a good field? confused.gif

The referee told me that Graham cost themselves the game. He stopped the clock both times one of the G-men went down with a "fake" injury. That allowed CC to have extra time to score the equalizer. The started not going Grahams way when they all started running their mouths in typical Graham fashion. Bill Mercke would've not recieved the second yellow (soft red) if the offical would've not heard him tell his bench that he was going to take #5 out. (It does't look good for the SWD if they leading scorer and maybe best player, tells that he is going to take someone out on purpose then does it.) If Graham wasn't such a$$holes they would be SWD champs. If I was the offical it would've probably happened the same way.

WOAH... you just entered water above your head. First off, i was on the bench, and Bill didn't say that. And second, those injuries were REAL. Our players were too into the game and wanted to keep playing but they were hurt and needed to come off, one was because his knee was bleeding after being cleated by CCHS and the other was for bad cramping in his calf. He couldn't hardly walk the next day.

im usually a level headed person

but....

no...i see this guy is from tazewell so he will see just how much of "a$$holes" we really are TUESDAY

dont talk about stuff you dont really know about KID. KID.

Tuesday son. SON.

The first posting was per the time the referees put on stoppage for injuries and cards given out. This was a factor in the time the game took. And a factor in Carroll's favor. I was also noting the language directed at the referees after the game.

The second post has to do with the quality of fields used for soccer in the SWD with Graham, Tazewell, and Richlands having size problems per the fields, no lights at one, and baseball infields as well on another. I don't understand how the schools are helping their soccer athletes compete at Regional and State levels when they are playing on such fields. I know they have football fields that would work.

Also, the Marion field is sloped off and very small. They have a very nice stadium that can be seen from I-81 as you go past Marion to the little field (again with no lights).

Anyway, it has been a great year for Carroll soccer. smile.gif

They were real enough that the player would lay down when told to then stand up and start playing normally and then lay back down the next dead ball and then walk off the field like nothing was wrong. And something should be done about Bill Mercke flipping off the officials after the game. But I agree the game later in the match was favored to CC.

you know everyone is talkin about the refs being bias well i talked to an official today and he said all of the and i quote "fake injuries were getting ridiculous cuz the coach was tryin to run time by subing. so called injured players would go to the side lines get a drink and go back to the line" so he started stopping the clock for the injuries. the truth is both teams played really aggressive soccer it went back and forth no team controlled the game. the yellows merke got he deserved. can anyone just admit to the defeat. carroll killed the giant. this is the second game that carroll has won against the g-men this year and both times it was their fault or the refs its never carroll just played a great game and so did graham. it was one of the hardest games i have played in my high school career. in the end i think it just came down to who wanted it more. carroll kept there cool and graham broke down. <font color="red"> </font>

the player wes hurt, and went down

after realizing the referee would not stop play he got back up. The next dead ball he fell back down to get the referee's attention and show he had an injury.

Flipping off the refs is nothing. I have seen it half a dozen times in the past two years by various SWD teams..so...cry.

actually merke did say that to the carroll side line i am the reason he went down i am the #5 he got up and started yapping off becuz i rammed him with my shoulder when the ref wasnt looking for the fact that he was running by me and gave me a shot in my abdomen i got even. he did say that my coach better watch me cuz he was gonna take me out i think it was the other way around. and no we arent taught that he jumped on me afterwards. i just got a little carried away. haha