Referee Bias In The SWD

AtrnyGnrl05

Let me take this opportunity to quote carrollfan

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone else think carrollfan is their Coach Marion?, and does anyone think that Coach Marion is gay?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this is a little uncalled for! especially if you are a "carrollfan."

The other day, while I was hiding in a mailbox, I overheard CC coach talking to a friend, and i believe the truth MUST be HEARD!! so here it goes, and i quote!

[ QUOTE ]

Haha, yeah, we really showed those Graham clowns how we do it in Carroll County. They are probably still crying over it. Let me tell you a secret my friend, I payed off the refs so that we would win, so I was never worried about the outcome. I told them to not make it too obvious, and it is a good thing that they aren't any more incompetent, because they almost made it clear. I couldn't be happier that I had to throw the game in order to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm saddened by this display of sportsmanship and hope that both sides will stop quarrelling over what is in the past!!

the refs are biased, that's all there is to it. it's always going to be like that but i know for sure that graham has ALWAYS had one ref that calls for them everytime. i don't know what his name is or anything but i just know he's from princeton and hates tazewell. whenever he refs any graham game, it's very obvious who he's for because of the horrible officiating. this point is proven time after time and i guess this is just something that we're going to have to get used to. everyone should just get over it. yes, refs can make or break games but doesn't that make your team THAT much better when you beat 11 players AND the ref? if everyone would just play soccer to their fullest and if all the teams are as good as they say they are, the game shouldn't be decided by one or 2 lousy calls. you should be so obviously dominating the game that it's no question who the better team is.

i have felt many times that we've been cheated out of a game by a ref but i am continually reminded that it shouldn't come down to a call or two, i just wish that we could get some un-biased refs in the SWD. it's rather obvious when someone literally TACKLES you right in front of the goal, not going for the ball, but for the person, and the ref just signals play on. sorry just recounting an event that happened in the graham/tazewell girls game tonight.

oh and by the way, can the refs talk to you consistently like the whole game???

Yet again, carroll fans/players/coach seem to be misinterpret what Graham is saying, No one is denying that the Goals of the freekicks were a great displays of football, and yes, i was there and there WAS a handball, and it WAS outside the box, no question about that, but in no way was it intentional. If anything, I can recall that CC should have had a penalty Much earlier when a Graham Defender had a hand ball in the box with his hand above his head!! I didn't like the calls either way, CC didn't deserve their yellow card at all, I was mad at that call. CC won and that's football, but i would be suprised if anyone can honestly say that the ref had no effect on the outcome of a game.

[ QUOTE ]

if everyone would just play soccer to their fullest and if all the teams are as good as they say they are, the game shouldn't be decided by one or 2 lousy calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

yet AGAIN, some people miss the point, the point is that CC and Graham are VERY close teams, and they are almost even, but it should not be up to a official to decide who the better team is.

you know enough about whos team is better both teams are playing extremely well they both have a devistating offense and defense. i am not gonna argue about the refs anymore its dumb i think but there is always gonna be contreversy between the to teams becuz we are rivals lol. the teams are equal. its fun getting to play them though cuz some of us talk during the game and get along real well. yeah me and merke had a little spat during the game but its competition. it not like throwing a punch. merke is a great player offensively and i say that from experience by playing with him we have had quite a few convos during the games some bad some good i have no problem with any of them. if there was no controversy there would be no fun ha ha

Ok... I must congratulate CCHS today... we played Tazewell today and had the best (and might I say funniest) refs we've ever had. They were extremely fair. Every body misses a few throw in calls and a few fouls, but they were excellent!!! I hope they're there Thursday!!!! If something happens Thursday, and we have the same refs then... then I must say that NOBODY can blame the refs. If the same refs are present, it should turn out to be a true display of sportsmanship and skill.

GOOD LUCK THURSDAY GRAHAM AND CCHS!!!

Ok... now back to what we are talking about. The refs called the game for CCHS, and they are a fine team, and the refs didn't kick the ball in, but it was uncalled for. This has gotten off topic... THIS IS NOT A QUARELL ABOUT THE GRAHAM v. CCHS GAME... IT IS A STATEMENT ABOUT THE REFS... I am not alluding only to that game. We encountered this problem away at Marion as well, VERY biased. I am not trying to contest the outcome of the play-off game, but I am contesting the Refs actions... they were ridiculous. A certain amount of mistakes are assumed to be made, but when they consistently show poor calls, and bias, it is uncalled for. Congrats CCHS on your win. I have this quarrel with the refs only. 'carrolfan' your team DEFINATELY deserves due credit, but we need to stop talking about that game, it is not the outcome that I am angry about, but I was finally fed up with the refs behavior.

PLEASE CCHS... USE THE SAME REFS AS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!

and... what was the score of the CCHS v. Richlands game.