Referee Bias In The SWD

AtrnyGnrl05

I dont think it matters if Graham beats Carroll Co. this time or not because who ever gets 2nd in the Tourney is traveling somewhere for regions.. Probably Marion, which is a team whos only loss is to Abingdon..

BTW GHS Girls 3 vs THS Girls 2 (2-OT)

EVERYBODY got a little carried away. Our coach was NOT replacing players to waste time. Matt came off to get the gash in his knee taped, Belch came off because his calf was cramped, and he was off for about 5mins. Other players were dehydrated, and because we have a deep bench, we could get them off and replenished. We reserve the right to sub who we want when we want. Injuries were not faked. The officials did what they did on purpose. I myself have many quarrels against our coach, and being on the sideline allowed me to keep level headed. There was flagrant bias and it has gone on long enough. To the issue with fields. Graham High doesn't support soccer enough, and we play at home because East River has gone down hill and we like having our fans come. Carrol does have the best field. I'm not complaining about CCHS, their team is fine, but the G-Men would have won if not for the refs. End of story, that's how it was. Thursday will be high intensity, and I'm trying to instill in our team to keep the cussing down. Although the refs deserved it, it needs to stay off the fields. Cheap shots need to stop, they only make everybody pissed off.

Go G-Men!

Congrats G-Girls!!

Well Tazewell girls are always getting cheated by the refs when we play graham, and it showed tonight. The first 5 minutes allie's goal was cleary in but they waved it off. And later in the 2nd half and overtimes allie and buffy were both ruffed up in the box and no call was made.

the first shot was in but i do not believe the refs were bias, I just do not think they were in position to call it.

It was a great game tonight between both teams.

The winner of the 2nd place highlands and the 2nd place piedmont will come to carroll next thursday.

Graham will have to play Abingdon with the winner playing Magna Vista on thursday.

I believe if i remember correctly I picked Magna Vista to win the piedmont. (Just lucky)

[ QUOTE ]

EVERYBODY got a little carried away. Our coach was NOT replacing players to waste time. Matt came off to get the gash in his knee taped, [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] and because we have a deep bench, we could get them off and replenished. We reserve the right to sub who we want when we want. Injuries were not faked. The officials did what they did on purpose. I myself have many quarrels against our coach, and being on the sideline allowed me to keep level headed. There was flagrant bias and it has gone on long enough. To the issue with fields. Graham High doesn't support soccer enough, and we play at home because East River has gone down hill and we like having our fans come. Carrol does have the best field. I'm not complaining about CCHS, their team is fine, but the G-Men would have won if not for the refs. End of story, that's how it was. Thursday will be high intensity, and I'm trying to instill in our team to keep the cussing down. Although the refs deserved it, it needs to stay off the fields. Cheap shots need to stop, they only make everybody pissed off.

Go G-Men!

Congrats G-Girls!!

[/ QUOTE ] <ul type="square">

[ QUOTE ]

ridiculous, i was at the game as a neutral observer, most of the members of the g-men showed very bad sportsmanship. granted, the refereeing was indeed very poor. the calls didnt go graham's way at the end, BUT the refs didnt put a goal in, thats for sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I too must 1st congradulate CC for their win against my graham team on Saturday, they played hard beat us if you look at the scoreline. Graham outshot CC, and in my opinion had more chances on goal and outplayed CC, but the result cannot be changed and what happened is just football. The calls Definitely didn't go graham's way, AT ALL, at the end, and the refs didn't score the goals for CC, i agree, but both of CC's goals came of free-kicks, and none from open play. SO, in a sense, the refs calls, some of which were terrible, did effect the final outcome of the game. I don't think that many "neutral" observers could honestly say that CC looked better out there on the pitch. Lets not forget that also, Graham has only lost to CC when "duffy" has played center ref.

Congrats to Carroll, and hopefully we'll meet again, without Duffy, and then we'll be able to see who is the better team, should be exciting!

so here ill do my quote " belch came off becouse his calf was cramped other players were dehydrated." there we go. but carroll had to put up with th same conditions, so is carroll just in better shape? we played just as hard as gharam!

I really wanted to stay out of this, but I really think the truth needs to be brought foreward. When stopper5 said that "no team controlled the game", he couldn't be more wrong. Which game were you playing in? From what I understand (I didn't attend the first time you all beat graham), Graham has completely dominated play both games that you all won, and that is definitely what I saw last Saturday. As soon as Graham scored the goal to take the lead, Duffy immidiately started giving EVERY call to Carroll. Now I'm not going to make the mistake and say that the refs won the game, because Duffy didn't kick in any goals, but a little bias against Graham should be admitted by all. How can you possibly give Bill Mercke a celebration yellow card, when A. he didnt score and B. I saw him do the same thing last game (with the same refs). All he did was hold one finger up, signifying the one goal for Graham on the scoreboard. (I guess we should all hang our heads after we score) The second yellow was probably correct call, but Duffys hatred for Graham (and probably the Mercke's in General) is apparant. Graham has a history of firey players that don't get along with the poor quality SWD officials, they've just always had the team in the past to win 6-0 and the officiating not really matter. The refs didn't win the game, but they certainly weren't unbiased. I guess that brings me back to my original point about Graham outplaying Carroll for 75 minutes. I heard some Carroll fans wining and complaining about the field size in Tazewell, and saying how Carroll would be dominating on a bigger field. This is crazy. These fans don't know anything about soccer! The big field always plays to the advantage of the BETTER team. Grahams win @ Carroll earlier this year (on a bigger field) is NO coincidence. Graham would be destroying teams if they played their games where we used too (East River Soccer Complex) Graham clealy dominated last Saturday though, even on the smaller field, and I give full credit Carroll's keep Lancaster (sp?) for keeping Carroll in the game like he did. This game could have easily been 4-5 - 0 in favor of the G-Men. I'm not sure of the official shot tally, but as far as good scoring chances, Carroll maybe had a couple. This brings me to their goals. The first one in the 75th minute was set up by a REDICULUS free kick call at mid-field. There was a huge tie up with at least 3-4 players right at the center circle, a 50-50 situation for both teams, and the next thing you know. Duffy gives Carroll a chance to score. A good kick and a nice header over the Graham goalie, and its tied. There is no WAY this call should have been made at this situation in the game or at any situation for that matter. Carroll's game winner in the 3rd OT must have been absolutely a perfect curler, because it found the net after hitting the inside post. Great shot. Congratulations to Carroll on their second SWD regular season title EVER! Hopefully both teams will win Tuesday and set up the rematch Thursday on a bigger field, which the game will surely be won by the BETTER team.

Does anyone else think carrollfan is their Coach Marion? I do.

One More thing!

How can ONE Golden Goal OT possibly be a fair way of deciding a game? Granted Carroll's goal was scored in the what would have been the first Golden Goal OT, but the fact that there was only going to be one is completely rediculus. There is NO WAY that one GG OT is a VHSL rule. Sounds like a rule Duffy made up right after the two scoreless Silver Goal OT's to me.

[ QUOTE ]

i talked to an official today and he said all of the and i quote "fake injuries were getting ridiculous cuz the coach was tryin to run time by subing. so called injured players would go to the side lines get a drink and go back to the line" so he started stopping the clock for the injuries.....can anyone just admit to the defeat.

[/ QUOTE ]

No one here is denying that Graham lost, they would be FOOLS to say that they won. CC definitely won the game!, and they did play well, there is no doubt about that! I may be wrong, but there were 2 Graham players that were hurt from injury, and when they went down on the ground, the referee did not stop the game until minutes later. However, when the CC player went down, it did not take long at all for the ref to stop the game for substitution. The key to refereeing is CONSISTENCY, and there was absolutely NONE in the game on Saturday. Subbing at the end of a game to waste time is a tactic, just like any tactic on the field, to achieve victory, and every team does it. It is a part of high school football, and it is not the job of the referee to compensate for time lost during subs, becuase the ref should simply do what the rules say, and the rules don't say "if a team tries to "waste" time, you must do your best to "even out" the advantage gained by subbing." A Referee in American Football does not make sensless calls to favor the team without the ball when the other team is running the clock by taking a knee, does he?? Correct me if i'm wrong, but a ref is supposed to be COMPLETELY neutral, and a good ref will have not effect on the outcome of the game. There is no doubt that CC played well and won the game, Graham is simply feeling like they could have won the game.

wow we all need lifes lets not fight on th net. lets just have a good hard game on th pitch. and just start to use this web page to just talk about great games and just that not all th junk that happenes on th pitch. leave it on th pitch.

I agree with the last statment about the time for subs. CC did this against graham at graham and duffy stopped the clock every time in the last seven minutes. Also at Graham he called every foul against carroll so it is not just graham that gets it during the game. The game was well played by both teams and carroll just ended up winning this one. ANother classic Carroll/Graham match.

graham is a good team a really good team i have to admit that yeah they have out shot us but thats no big deal alot of teams have done the same but its who breaks under pressure and who keeps their cool in it and it shows who kept their cool in the game they may have been serious injuries but it was extremely often that they occured. even if the game was bias can you blame them graham wines way to much you cant expect them to get every call they want. yeah we got some bias calls but what about the obvious hand ball that i seen from the other end of the field in the box that should have been a pk but it slid. merke thinks every call should be theres and all of you are a talkin about the refs what if the calls were made towards the cavs it would be a whole different story. if you look at the stats we have the best O and D we have scored more goals and allowed less goals we have a great defense with whom we all know has one first team all district sweeper and an all state goalie. on our defense we have two seniors a junior and myself a sophmore. thats our starting line up. johnny is probly the fastest person in the district it hard to get around him but to out shoot us isnt that big of a deal we are accurate mostly. we work on our free kicks in practice and that is why we can put them in when we get the chance. thats why jason bachara scored. he has an amazing foot. when we need things we count on him from offense. he is a great leader and so is our goalie john and johnny they are great leaders and i hope to lead like them my senior year. and a good team produces and that is what we are doing. thats it.