Regionals

First off, I'd like to say good luck to Bluefield. I hope you all make it to states your region would be matched up w/ Weir's in the first round at Charleston. Weir advanced today, beating Magnolia. They now either play Point Pleasant or Roane Co. for a state tourney berth. Please keep me posted on how you guys did.

Well we played a excellent game tonight and we beat Wyoming East 6-2! We now play the winner of Shady/Pikeview Thursday in Beckley. Its the first time bluefield has advanced to the Regional finals in 28 years and hopefully we can go upstate for the first time in 32 years

Obviously, I'm not a high school baseball fan to say the least. I couldn't tell you anything about high school baseball around here and I've never in my life attended a Bluefield baseball game. Nonetheless, congratulations on the victory tonight and making it to a level no Beaver baseball team has made in so long.

Did rusty pitch for u guys? Did Shruddell pitch for east? And great job thats a huge win for you guys congrats and can u tell me anything about pikeview we didnt play them this year. Thanks and again congrats on a great win!!

I have mixed feelings about this game. Weir will play whoever comes out of this region if they beat Roane Co.(which they definitely should). On the one hand, I'd like to see us play Shady Spring b/c we're 2-0 against them the last two times we've played them. However, Bluefield/Weir is obviously a good rivalry in football and they've had some awsome bball games in the late 90's at the state tourney, so I'd like to see them play each other in baseball. Oh well, good luck to both teams and hopefully I'll be seeing some of you at the state tourney!!!

Weir beat Roane Co. 7-4 tonight and now advance to the state tournament for the second straight year. Please someone let me know what happened in your region b/c we will be matched up w/ you in the first round of the tourney.